Saturday, December 11, 2010

Drinking More Tea: Island Mango & Peach


 After a tea hiatus, I'm finally drinking tea again. I think I got this because the whole "pyramid" shaped tea bag suckered me. Don't be fooled, it's a complete gimmick.

 This is my first white tea. But don't let Lipton fool you. It's mixed with the green so it's not completely white tea. But white tea has some health benefits too!

  • Extremely high amount of antioxidants
  • May inhibit the growth of certain forms of cancer
  • May reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
  • Excellent for skin and complexion
  • Approximately 1% of the caffeine in a cup of coffee

LIPTON says:
First discovered in the Fujian province of China, LIPTON White Tea is plucked by hand from the tips of tea buds before the tea leaf blossoms, to preserve the natural goodness of the whole leaf. It is then infused with the fresh fruit flavors of sweet mango and ripe peach.

 So, I'll go ahead and start with the review. It smells nice when  you brew it. Kinda fruity. Nothing that will scent your whole room. When it's finally done brewing it's a light green color. Now, the taste, I'm sorry to say is BLAND. I don't get any of the juicy peach and ripe mango that I was expecting. But it's OK. I'll finish this box and move onto something else. It does it's job in appeasing my appetite though.

Ingredients:
White tea, green tea, orange leaves, rose hips, lemon grass, licorice root, modified corn starch, natural flavor

Someone tell me why there CORN STARCH in this stuff? That's just strange. I saw on the website there a Vanilla White Truffle one, can't wait to get my hands on that stuff!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment