Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Body Shop Morrocan Rose Body Butter


I'm still bummed about not beign able to use my own pictures but bear with me!! Hopefully my laptop will be fixed soon.
So I picked up this body butter for around seven dollars at Marshall's. It's new retail price is sixteen dollars so I snagged quite a bargain.
The Body Shop says:
A beautiful skin-softening all-over body moisturiser with the fresh and feminine Moroccan Rose fragrance. Absorbs easily into the skin to provide intense moisturisation.
Moroccan Rose oil and rose extract - fragrances the skin with a fresh floral rose scent, moisturises and softens. Community Trade shea butter from Tungteiya Association in Ghana - Moisturises and helps soften the skin. Also has high levels of antioxidant vitamins A, E and F which help protect and nourish the skin. Community Trade organically-grown soya oil from Capanema in Brazil - is very rich in essential fatty acids that help to restore the skin's moisture barrier. Helps a group of around 150 family-owned farms to continue small-scale organic agriculture.

Now don't get me wrong. I LOVE the scent of roses. In middle school I lived in England, and I had to walk 1.7 miles to get to the bus stop. I hated that. But the one good thing was some of the good ol' English Gardens with fresh roses. I used to love stopping to smell the roses. But for some reason I don't think a cream can capture the essence of actually smelling a rose. Don't get me wrong, this smells like roses, but rose scented beauty products just don't do it for me. But who know's you might take a sniff and love it. I have the same problem with the Eau de Toilette. And layering these don't neccessarily make them last longer.

Now as far as moisturizing goes, it's just not my favorite. This shouldn't be called a "body butter" because the texture is more like a cream. A cream that isn't as hydrating nor long lasting as it's sibling body butters from The Body Shop.

The ingredients are OK. I love that Shea Butter is so high up on the list. I'm not a fan of Soybean Oil in my beauty products. I'de say about half the ingredients are good and the other half are not so good.

Ingredients:
Aqua, Glycine Soja Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Cyclopentasiloxane, Orbignya Oleifera Oil (Babassu Seed Oil), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Glycerin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Propylene Glycol, Lanolin Alcohol, Parfum, Phenethyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Rosa Centifolia Flower Juice, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Hydroxycitronellal, Sodium Hydroxide, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Rosa Centifolia Flower Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, CI 14700.

Unless your a big fan of rose scented products, skip it.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic purchase, it smells very nicely but gently, the smell last reasonably long, and really moisturize my very dry skin. Good value for money since last very long

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it :) It's not neccessarily the best choice for me. I like some of the other scents better!
    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete