Monday, January 3, 2011

Recipes Zucchini Lemon Sorbet

And now the WEIRDEST thing I have ever made in my life. Zucchini Lemon Sorbet. I don't eat my vegetables. I know. I'm a bad person. So I thought if I were able to disguise the zucchini in something sweet I would eat it.

"I was looking for a way to use up some zucchini, and I came up with the idea of turning it into a sorbet with lemon. It is beautiful and tasty! My son had no idea he was eating his least favorite vegetable!"
By: JohnC  
 
Ingredients
2 Zucchini
1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
2 Sprigs Mint Leaves
1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
2/3 Cup of Sugar

Directions

  1. Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds. Cut the zucchini into chunks and place into a blender along with the lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar, and mint. Puree until smooth, then strain into a bowl through a mesh strainer. Cover, and refrigerate 1-2 hours until cold.
  2. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions to your desired consistency. 
I didn't have an icecream machine so I just stirred it up every now and then from the freezer. As for taste, it was interesting. Very Lemony. I mean VERY LEMONY. I just didn't like the vegetable undertaste. It might fool a kid but not me. I think I would pass on making this again, I'll just have to find another way to eat my veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment