Friday, June 3, 2011

The Body Shop Raspberry Body Butter

Fnally, the last item in the raspberry line at The Body Shop. I've already used and reviewed the shower gel and the body scrub. I got this butter for ten euros which is about twelve dollars. I have seen it for eight or so dollars at Marshalls though.

The Body Shop claims:
"Indulge in a deliciously rich cream that moisturizes and softens your skin for up to 24 hours with an unbelievable sweet berry scent."


I think that this is the best smelling product in the raspberry line. The shower gel smelled of jello and the body scrub smelled to authentic. To my nose this one smells just like raspberry yoghurt. Unfortunately the scent on my skin does not last plus it's not really strong and what's there fades after twenty minutes. (I miss my Cocoa Body Butter which would get stronger when I would sweat) The good thing is that it doesn't clash with my perfume.

As for moisturzing it's Ok. Keep in mind this one is for normal skin so if you have dry skin this might not do the job. I do notice that this one is a little sticky but that fades after a few minutes.My skin does pretty much stay soft the whole twenty four hours....my elbows feel ridiculously smooth! The texture is kinda like a thicker cream...it reminds me of the Morrocan Rose formula.

Ingredients:
Aqua, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Glycine Soja Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Octyl Stearate, Orbignya Oleifera Oil (Babbassu Seed Oil), Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol, Parfum, Caprylyl Glycol, Rubus Idaeus Seed Oil (Red Raspberry Seed Oil(, Trihydroxystearin, Xanthan Gum, p-Anisic Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Citric Acid, Linalool, CI 14700.

As for ingredients..they aight. It mostly relies on oils to moisturize the skin. I think some other the other ones have better ingredients.

So would I reccomend it? Ummmm, no.....well unless you LOVE the scent  of rasberry yoghurt. The whole raspberry line is kind of a snooze for me.

2 comments:

  1. I have this body butter and quite frankly, it sucks! No moisturizing abilities at all. I knew something was up when i felt the lotion and it felt dry. It is nothing like the moroccan rose body butter which is rich and creamy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree the Morrocan Rose is more moisturizing...but Rose scents just don't do it for me :(

      Thanks for visiting!!

      Delete