Thursday, July 28, 2011

MAC Brown Down



I received this eyeshadow as a gift from a really great friend. They normally retail for about fourteen dollars. I've had this for over a year but I've only just now gotten around to the review. Shame.

MAC says:
Highly-pigmented powder. Applies evenly, blends well.
Teddy Bear Brown (Veluxe)


This shadow is actually a little darker on my skin than I was expecting it to be. It has reddish undertones to it...to me it kinda looks like a teddy bear brown. That is until I put it on my skin. I have one other brown shade from MAC that's called Mac mystery and it's very similar except that one has a plum/grey undertones. Brown Down is on the top and Mystery on the bottom.

I really like the formula. It's...velvety. There is no fallout and it blends really well. I mostly use it as a crease color. Using it all over my lid make eyes look kinda muddy and like I have a freshly punched eye. It's also good for softening lines in the crease cutting the blending time down. In the photo below it's in the crease area. 



Overall, it's a great brown, but there are cheaper alternatives out there. If you have the money then I say go for it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment