Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Body Shop Papaya Body Butter


Ahhh, Papaya Body Butter, the one I was so desperate to get my hands on that I almost ordered off of the British site and payed  in pounds. But then I found it in the German store...and on the online USA Body Shop website. But anywho, I payed ten euro for it, which is about twelve bucks.

The Body Shop claims:
An intensive, creamy all-over body moisturizer. It absorbs into the skin easily, helping to condition, soften and smooth the skin providing up to 24 hours non-stop moisturization.



Scent:
Upon first sniff I found that this smells extremely similar to the Passionfruit Body Butter. But at the same time it smells a lot like the shower gel, perhaps not as fruity. I would recommend this one over the Passionfruit scent. The scent though doesn't really stick to me and is gone in less than twenty minutes. Another thing is that I find that when I rub it in it's not as fruity as when sniffing from the pot..but that could be my body chemistry. Also important to note, I don't think this smells like a real papaya but I've only had the fruit once, IMO this smells better.

Moisturization:
Pretty nice. It lasts quite awhile but it does take a minute to sink in but not to the point that it bothers me. I really like the consistency too. It's thick but when I rub it into my palms it transforms into a light almost whipped texture. Note that this one is for normal skin, but I think it would work for moderately dry skin.

Packaging:
Orange is my favortie color so of course I love the packaging. Some people have problems with it being in a pot because of "hygiene" concerns but I just use it when my hands are clean so it doesn't bother me.

Would I recommend? If you really love fruity scents and your not bothered by the fact the scent won't stick around.

Ingredients:
Water (Solvent/Diluent), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Carica Papaya Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (Emollient), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Fragrance (Fragrance), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Orange 4 (Colour).


Would I recommend? If you really love fruity scents and you're not bothered by the fact the scent won't stick around.  It just doesn't beat my favorite which is the Cocoa Butter. Have you tried it? Like Papaya?

No comments:

Post a Comment