Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm (Tube)


I've used my fair share of Burt's Bees Lip  balms...this one never appealed to me. I mean who wants to use the beeswax one when they make other flavors such as mango, acai, and grapefruit. The only reason I tried this is because I got it as a gift. And I'm sure glad I did!!!

It costs around three dollars which I don't think is a bad price. It is on the higher price end of the drugstore lip balms but I don't mind paying that because the product is all natural!!

Burt's Bee's says:
The original. The best. And still your favorite. Our must-have balms have been playing in purses and pockets since 1991. Beeswax conditions skin, whileantioxidant Vitamin E moisturizes. A final hint of Peppermint Oil provides that one-of-a-kind refreshing tingle. The result? Smooth, supple lips everyone will be buzzing about. 

So let's start off with the scent. It smells like peppermint candies. I neither like nor hate it.

Now the BEST thing about this balm is the tingle. It feels so refreshing and cooling when I swipe it on. I've sort of become addicted to that feeling and want to use it constantly.

Another great thing about this is that it LASTS for hours. I put it on before bed, slept forever.,woke up..did things...and it was STILL on my lips.  Now that's impressive. I'm thinking it would be amazing during the winter. It's also a lot thicker than the other lip balms I've tried..including the other one's by Burt's Bees.

Something else that kind of surprised me was that it's matte. No shine, nothing. It would be good for guys or good for under Matte lipsticks.

Ingredients:
 cera alba (beeswax, cire d’abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), limonene.

Overall, I'm really impressed. It's definitely one of my favorite lip balms. I'm gonna buy one for my lil sister too! Oh yeah, it come in a tin also...

No comments:

Post a Comment