Sunday, October 28, 2012

Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

Yesterday here in Germany it actually snowed. Isn't that crazy? It's not even November yet! But anyway today I have a face wash review for you. I picked this because I had been wanting to try out another Aveeno product and I bought this for about five bucks. It usually ranges from five to seven bucks and sometimes Aveeno releases coupons.

Aveeno claims:
This instant foaming cleanser with moisture-rich Soy extracts and salicylic acid, a blemish-fighting ingredient, helps improve skin's tone and texture and clears up blemishes without over drying, leaving skin soft, smooth, and even-looking. This mild, hypoallergenic, oil-free formula won't clog pores and is gentle enough for everyday use.

So let me start off with scent. It smells kind of like artificial plants. It is a pleasant scent and I do really like it.

Now this cleanser is foaming..which is something I really like. I just pump about two-four pumps on my skin (depending on the amount of makeup I have on) and scrub away. Now up to that point I was pretty impressed. I find that once I rinse and dry my face my skin is pretty dry around my cheek area. I do like how it works on my oily areas though and I believe it helps to control the oil a little bit. I know I can always put on lotion but I prefer something a little more moisturizing on the skin.

One of the big reason I dislike this product is that it does nothing for me as far as blemishes. In fact, I think this causes me to have blemishes in places I NEVER get them. I've had ugly breakouts on my forehead and chin. And this hasn't helped fade any of my  blemish marks either. It has seemed to help a little with making my forehead and cheeks more of the same color.

Of course the ingredients suck. I haven't really found a drugstore foaming cleanser with great ingredients. The only thing worth mentioning is the soy extract.

Ingredients:
Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocomidipropyl betaine, disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphoiacetate, fragrance, glycerin, soybean protein, PEG-16 soy sterol, PEG-6, caprylic/capric glycerides, polysorbate 20, sodium benzoate, sodium C14-C16 olefin sulfonate, sorbitol, water, xanthum gum    acitve ingredient: salicylic acid (0.5%)



So unfortunately Aveeno is out two for two products because I do NOT recommend this product. 

Have you tried any of their facial care? What do you recommend?


No comments:

Post a Comment