Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Body Shop Mango Body Butter



Everyone in my family has had a tub of this. My sister had the mini and last year I gave my mom a jumbo one I got for free. I can't remember where I bought this but I'm pretty sure I paid ten bucks or ten euro's for it. Right now it goes for nineteen bucks on the website but you can always get a better deal if you wait for sales.

The Body Shop claims:
Mango seed oil Community Fair Trade cocoa butter The one that started it all! Our Mango Body Butter was the very first body butter we introduced in 1992. Now, 16 years and 40 million tubs of Body Butter later, we have a whole range of Body Butters packed with Community Trade ingredients that provide up to 24-hour non-stop moisturization. And it all started with an idea by Anita’s oldest daughter, Justine, who thought that since her mom was always telling her that “cosmetics are the first cousin of food”, they should have a product that used a food word and the word “body”. Voilá, the idea for body butter was conceived.

Our super-rich and creamy Body Butter is a feast for the skin. It melts straight in to leave skin feeling soft and smooth. It contains Community Fair Trade cocoa butter and has an exotic mango scent. 24-hour hydration Great for very dry skin Exotic mango scent


Apparently this is the very first body butter that came out in 1992. I hear the texture is different but the idea remains the same. Since then many companies have come out with their own versions of body butter.

So let's start off with scent. I HATE this scent in the warm weather. It's strong, overpowering, too sweet, and it gives me a headache. Now that it's winter the scent is a lot better. It smells more like 80% peach (yellow peaches in a can), 10% mango, and 10% candy scent. And theres also a little bit of peach skins or something which I'm pretty sure I don't like. After awhile it just turns peach-y on me and I kinda like that. Most of the other body butter's don't linger on me but this I catch whiffs of this all day. It's definitely not my favorite scent but I know a lot of people love it.

Now let's talk texture. This is different from all the other body butter's I've tried. It's almost like an oil-cream instead of a butter. I don't have a problem with sinking into my skin. Once it does I'm left with very soft skin.

They have changed the packaging sticker and I still have the old one but I kinda like it a little better than the new one's.

Ingredients:
Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Mangifera Indica Seed Oil (Emollient), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cyclopentasiloxane (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Cyclohexasiloxane (Conditioning Agent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Potassium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), CI 75120 (Colour).

I think that's pretty much all I can say. It wasn't my favorite (Almond and Cocoa are my faves) but I suggest giving it a sniff because you may love it!

4 comments:

  1. I love this one, really want to try the cocoa one soon though...also the new peach range sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does but I heard it was just the old peach scent repackaged? I dunno. The cocoa butter is the BEST..I love it! Hopefully you do too :)

      Delete
    2. Ohh I dunno...I hadn't heard that! I haven't tried the old peach scent so I wouldn't mind if it was to be honest hehe I'm trying to get through a huge bottle of Palmers Cocoa Butter at the moment (which is lush) so maybe once I finish it, i'll pick up the body shop one :-)

      Delete
    3. I remember really liking the peach one if it is! It pretty good. I grew up on Palmer's Cocoa Butter....it's great stuff! I might have to go pick up a bottle..haven't used it in a while. But yeah, I really do love that one..it's the only one that I've had two of. Usually I only use up one. I'm saving that last tub though lol

      Delete