Thursday, January 31, 2013

Lush Snowcake Soap



My very first Lush soap (well not really I used my sample of Pineapple Grunt up before I used tried this one). I've heard this one referred to as Snowcrack (LOL)

 As you know, I got this in my Christmas Lush haul which I was so excited to get because I had been drooling over there products for years - literally.


Lush says:
Christmas just wouldn’t be Christmas without a festive cake. So this holiday we brought back our customer favorite, Snowcake! This almond icing and marzipan scented confection is just what you need during the season of sweet indulgences. Its rich, creamy lather and rose absolute infusion make it a gentle treat for dry winter skin. So what are you waiting for? Grab a slice of this holiday treat before it’s gone.


Apparently they cut it off a big block that looks like this:


I've never been to a Lush store so I've never seen it. But it's nice to know what it looked like because the piece they send is a wee strange looking without know what it came from.

If you read my haul, you know that I didn't really like the scent. It smelled like old foot lotion. Then for some reason the more I sniffed it...the more I ended up liking it.

Until I used it. 

As soon as I started lathering it in the shower it started to smell like a public bathroom. It had my stomach feeling kind of sick. Then I rinsed it and it smelled nice. And the lingering smell is really nice too. It sticks to your skin for quite awhile. But it is not an almond scent.


One thing I want to mention is that this is a fast melter. Which is not very good for the price considering it was nearly eight dollars for a little 3.5 ounce piece. I cut it into little pieces and even tried to cure it by letting it sit out to make it last a little longer. No dice.

As for moisturizing...it certainly makes my skin feel really soft. And at first I thought it moisturized but as the day went on my skin started looking really ashy. And knees and elbows felt rough.Normally I wouldn't notice because I use body lotion but I was testing the product.

Lather is OK. I use it on a puff to make the product last longer since rubbing this directly on the skin will make the soap melt quicker. Lather is Ok. It just plays the disappearing game halfway through my shower.

I bought this particular piece from the Canadian store...sometimes the ingredients are different from the UK one but this one seems to be the same.

Ingredients:
Water, Propylene Glycol, Rapeseed Oil, Coconut Oil, Fragrance, Sodium Stearate,Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Hydroxide, Titanium Dioxide,Benzoin Resinoid, Rose Absolute, Cassie Absolute, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate,Benzyl Benzoate,Potassium Silicate, Iron Oxides, Iron Hydroxide.

As you can see I wasn't totally thrilled. I know lots and lots of people love it but it just wasn't for me. If your looking for a nice almond shower product I would recommend The Body Shop Almond Shower gel...that stuff smells heavenly and is pretty moisturizing.

Hopefully I'll have better luck with the next soap!!


2 comments:

  1. I love lush northern lights Christmas soap.

    I've never tried this one x

    1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got that one in once of my recent hauls :)

      It smells amazing...kind of reminds me of Dove soap in a way. I can't wait to use it.

      Thanks for visiting!!

      Delete