Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Lush Bohemian Soap


The only reason I bought this was because it was one of the only soaps Lush had left in the Buy 1, Get 1 sale after Christmas. I didn't even know what the scent was. Bohemian can mean anything. But at Lush it mean's lemons.

Lush claims:
When LUSH gets lemons, we make our simple, but beautifully effective mind-clearing lemon soap! A customer and inventor favorite for years, the palm-free soap base and lemon oil are perfect for cleaning and toning the skin. Lemon juice is a natural astringent, perfect for oily skin and to balance skin’s moisture; no more troubled skin! Named for creative types, the bright, uplifting citrus scent is meant to stimulate creative streaks. It certainly helped us create this sudsing masterpiece.



This soap looks like a tall glass of lemonade...so cold the glass sweats.

When I first took it out the wrapper I was surprised at how lemon-y it smelled. Like smelling a fresh lemon. But the smell is faint. I have to practically put the soap in my nose to smell it.

But I figured it would get stronger in the shower.

I was wrong. I soaped it up waiting for it to release it's zestiness...but it never did. 

It smells like hotel soap. With .0939% lemon scent.

Really.

And the clear yellow part seems to have way more scent than the more opaque pieces.

I would rather use the hotel soap..it's cheaper and lather's better. Just sayin'.
With a loofah...the lather is good but rubbing directly on the skin doesn't make much lather unless you bubble it in your hands first.

Even though it would seem that this is better for oily skin because of the lemon oil, I don't find it to be drying. I still use lotion but it's not drying.

The only good thing I can say about it is that it doesn't melt away as quickly as Lush Snowcake and Willow Pattern soap. Maybe because those were creamy and this is a more glycerin type soap. I cut mine into four slices to help it last even longer.

This particular piece was in my US/Canada order. I noticed that the UK one has better ingredients. It has sesame oil and coconut oil. The next time I go Lush in Saarbrucken I'll get a piece to sample and see if it's better.

Ingredients;
Water, Glycerine,Propylene Glycol, Lemon Oil, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Citral, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume

All in all, I was not impressed. Not even a little bit. Lush is now 0 for 4. I really hope I try something I like soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment