Sunday, March 3, 2013

Burt's Bees Soap Bark and Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream

Spring is here!!! I love Spring weather, unfortunately here in Germany the weather is not acting very spring like. But that's OK. I have spring in my heart. Ha.


Anyway, today I have a review of a Burt's Bees Facial Cleanser. I'm always using the lip balms but for awhile not I have been wanting to pick up some of their other stuff. I paid around seven dollars for it which I think is a very fair price for Burt's mostly natural products.

Burt claims:
This rich cream cleanser is formulated with Soap Bark, a natural cleansing agent that effectively removes dirt, oil and make-up. Infused with Aloe Vera, Chamomile and Echinacea, it helps moisturize and soften your skin

• Removes dirt, oil and make-up with Soap Bark, a natural cleansing agent
• Helps moisturize and soften skin with Aloe Vera, Chamomile and Echinacea


So, with the title I wasn't really sure what kind of scent to expect. I do like the scent although it is a tiny bit hard to describe. I can smell menthol and lemon in it. Among other things. It smells very fresh and refreshing though. Kinda natural too.

It's important to note that this IS a cream cleanser. So you won't be getting any foam. If your not used to it, it does take a little getting used to because it takes a little bit more work to spread it around.

My favorite thing about this product is the tingle from the menthol. Usually I have a hard time feeling the tingle in products like this but let me tell you I FEEL the tingle! And it is very refreshing. I imagine this would work great after a work out or when the weather is warm.

Another plus is that it does not dry my face, so if I want to skip moisturizer I can. In fact most 99% of the time. My skin just looks very fresh after using this. 

The only problem I have is sometimes I feel is doesn't take ALL the makeup off my face. I think that might just be a paranoia I have as far as cream cleansers. You can always use a toner to get every last trace off if it bothers you.

Most importantly I have experienced no breakouts.

One thing I noticed is the container is quite huge but when you get it, it's nowhere near full. It really is just six ounces.

I just thought of another thing I should mention...this product says not to use around eyes and at first I didn't. I used eye makeup remover on a cotton pad and then about three days after I went back to my old nasty habit of using my face cleanser to remove eye make-up. I just can't be bothered by the extra step. This doesn't do anything bad to my eye area except tingle. But it's not overwhelming. It's almost nice.

Ingredients:
water, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, stearic acid, glycerin, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, cetearyl alcohol, polysorbate 60, sodium borate, cetyl alcohol, silica, glucose, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) leaf extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower extract, echinacea angustifolia (coneflower) extract, quillaja saponaria (soap) bark extract, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, tocopherol, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, coriandrum sativum (cilantro) oil, artemisia dracunculus (tarragon) oil, lavandula hybrida (lavandin) oil, jasminum grandiflorum (jasmine) flower oil, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, menthol, glucose oxidase, lactoperoxidase

Overall, I LOVE this stuff. It's definitely going in my end of the year favorites and I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment