Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Aura Cacia Lime Essential Oil Review


I've been meaning to some essential oil reviews. It's just I don't get around to it until the bottle is basically empty. I've had this particular bottle for a little over a year. I'm not sure why I bought it. I guess I just wanted to by some sort of oil...and this seemed like a good idea. I bought it for just under 4 dollars. Actually now that I think about it, I'm sure I bought it thinking I would mix it into a scent something like a Lush soap I had a couple years back..... Didn't happen.

Anyway...

Aura Cacia claims:
Expressed from fresh lime peel, lime essential oil shares many of the same aromatherapy qualities as lemon. Use it to cleanse oily skin, or combine with eucalyptus for a purifying diffusion.

Citrus x aurantifolia (lime) oil

Origin: 
Mexico, US, West Indies

I mostly used this bottle by adding it to a bottle of water and spritzing it around my place. Just to brighten and freshen up the air. It has this lime scent. Equivalent to an actual lime. But a little bit muted unless you sniff it directly from the bottle.

I recently got a diffuser and it makes a good scent to blend with others. For instance..patchouli. I love any kind of citrus with patchouli, so this and sweet orange mixed with a little bit of patchouli is basically heaven to me. The only thing is the scent isn't that strong so I found myself having to use a ton of drops. The scent is said to be uplifting, refreshing, and invigorating. 

I just read it's great for oily skin, I kind of wish I had tried it on my skin. At night of course. You shouldn't use lime oil and then expose your skin to sunlight, because citrus oils are photo toxic. Unless it is steam distilled. This one is not.

There are probably a lot more uses for it then I ever used it for. Like homemade cleaners. You can make sugar body scrubs, body oils, and add it to shampoos. 

All the things you can do with it and I definitely feel I was in a rut with this particular bottle.

It does come in a decent amount. Aura Cacia bottles are 15 ml. Which is the equivalent of 3 teaspoons.  I'm not a fan of the packaging. The child proof caps are great, but it makes it a little hard to open and close. I definitely accidentally left it open one time thinking I had closed it and spilled a lot of the oil.  

It's not a bad oil to have. I'm kind of sad that I ran out. I don't think I will immediately repurchase because I want to try other oils and maybe another brand just for comparisons sake. Also, it's important to note that while some essential oils will keep for years, citrus oils don't. I read it's best to use them in about a year or so. 

Cautions: Kids (not a kid safe oil), pregnant or nursing women, any medical conditions consult a doctor!




No comments:

Post a Comment