Friday, November 17, 2017

Veriditas Botanicals Organic French Lavender Essential Oil



I can't live without Lavender Oil. And I'm not just being dramatic. It just makes my life so much easier now that I've discovered how to use it. 


Veriditas by Pranarom’s Lavender essential oil is from farms in the French Alps where the scented purple flowers are cultivated in neat, long rows against the backdrop of the mountains. While Lavender grows all over the world, the French Alps are known for producing the world’s best Lavender essential oil. The finest Lavender available is grown at the highest altitudes and is produced in limited quantities; we sell this oil as Lavender Reserve.

They have a ton of great info on their site, click here to get to it.

I don't necessarily go for Organic oils. Although I've read some convincing arguments on why one should stick with Organic oils. I pretty much just bought it because it was 20% off. And the other brand was not on sale, although you do get a larger amount for a way cheaper price. I just figured I would buy this one then and purchase the other brand sometime later. 

So I paid around $8 for 5ml. Which is about a teaspoon. Seemingly expensive but for most things you really don't need to use a lot. 

To be honest, I'm not really sure what I used most of this bottle for. It wasn't until it was mostly gone that one night I rubbed a drop into some sweet almond oil (about a 1/2 teaspoon) and rubbed it on my neck, temples, and around my nose. And I fell asleep! Which for me is a miracle. It takes me hours and hours to fall asleep. I usually can't fall asleep until I'm completely worn out from lack of sleep which is about once a week. 

But anyway, that drop of oil knocks me out in about 30 minutes. I sleep deeper and a little longer without waking up. Then I can go throughout the day without feeling extra tired. Which was odd the first week. I was constantly surprised I wasn't tired all day. But then oddly enough I will be exhausted all day and get a burst of energy at night. I'm a night owl. 

It smells exactly like the Tisserand French Lavender Oil from what I remember. For the best scent it should be diluted or else it will smell kind of ammonia like. It's hard to describe, but it's not a bad scent. Just....strange. Diluting it helps, but I usually have to use a whole, fresh drop if I'm trying to get to sleep. Premixing doesn't not work for me for sleep. 

Some people diffuse Lavender oil. Since this was on the pricier side and Lavender oil doesn't last in my diffuser, nor does it spread far, I feel like I'm wasting it in a diffuser. So I don't use it that way. 

There are so many things you can do with Lavender oil, you can make body lotions, scrubs, massage oils, room sprays.....etc and on and on.

It's good at deodorizing, amazing to put on cuts and burns, great for skincare. It's also great for aches and pains.Wonderful for stress relief.  It's one of the most popular oils for very good reason. And I found this to be of high quality. I really like it. 

My bottle is pretty much empty and if it was on sale I would have picked up another. But I kind of wanted to try out some of the popular brands you can order online. I ended up ordering a bottle of Plant Therapy's Lavender and after a couple of months using it, I will probably do a review on that too! 




No comments:

Post a Comment