Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Nars Luster Blush Review



Over a year ago, I was trying to review all my blushes. I'm not sure what happened but I got about half way through and ditched it. But I won't allow myself to buy anymore until I at least review the ones I have. So here we are.

NARS claims:
The ultimate authority in blush, NARS offers the industry's best-selling, most iconic shades for cheeks, delivering healthy-looking color that immediately enlivens the complexion and provides a natural-looking flush that flatters any skin tone. Iconic shades include a range of translucent, natural tones, each with a subtle pink for a natural-looking blush undertone to highlight the complexion. Silky, superfine micronized powder pigments in matte and shimmering shades ensure irresistibly soft, blendable application. A light application of even the highest-intensity hues delivers a natural-looking flush. Soft, buildable shades deliver a wide range of effects, ranging from ultra-sheer to powerful pops of color.


I've gotten so much better at rotating my blush and picking the right one to go with my eyes or lips- depending on which one I'm emphasizing for the day. No clown cheeks for me!

So let's talk about NARS Luster. 

It's one of my faves. Described as a Sheer Golden Apricot.  It doesn't really show up on my skin-except to provide a glow. Not the glow that looks like I brushed it on. But a very natural glow. I'm not a fan of the striped super obvious highlight that was trending a couple years ago and still seems to be popular at the moment.

I love wearing it with blues, purple, and green eye looks. Cool toned looks basically. Not to say it doesn't go with warm looks. I just usually go with other blushes over this when I'm going warm. It provides a brightness to balance out darker looks as well.

I have a hard time saying how long it lasts because the foundation I'm wearing at the moment disappears off my face- but I'm sure with a quality foundation I could get it to last eight hours plus. Because it's so subtle though it can be hard to tell when it wears off.


The packaging is the same packing NARS has had for years. It's sleek and feels velvety. And usually very sturdy.


NARS blushes are made in Canada. They cost $30 for .16 ounces. In comparison MAC blushes will run $22 for .21 ounces and Urban Decay are $26 for .23 ounces. They are quite a bit more money than most blushes, so that is something to take into consideration.

Another favorite from Nars for me. And one that would be missed if I ever ran out. I would definitely repurchase if I ever used all mine up!








No comments:

Post a Comment