Saturday, September 28, 2019

Zum Bar Anise Lavender Goat's Milk Soap Review

I'm so tired that I can't sleep. So I figured, why not blog? Starting with the soap I used up recently. I'm not a fan of Anise...in food at least. I hate licorice and I once made chicken wings that had Star Anise in them...they were gross. Which is why this soap took a while for me to actually purchase and I wasn't necessarily looking forward to using it. 

Zum Claims: 
A two-piece handful in the shower that harmonizes in perfect tones of sultry black licorice and sweet, calming, floral.
  • Essential oils
  • Plant-based, simple ingredients

So...it really does smell like licorice. And not much Lavender. Actually I really don't smell that Lavender at all. I'm not really sure I'm a big fan of the Anise scent though. It's just..strange to me. It doesn't smell particularly bad but it doesn't smell great either. It just reminds me a of a candy I hate.

As always....lather is thick and rich. Rinses clean.

But makes my skin dry. Really, really dry.

Can't skip moisturizing. I like to skip a couple of days every now and again
so that was kind of disappointing.

Ingredients as far as I can tell are all natural. I do wish they would be more clear when they list the ingredients as "goat's milk base". 

Ingredients:
Saponified 100% food grade olive, coconut, palm & castor oils, in a goat's milk base, with herbs, essential oils and natural colorings.

It definitely is an interesting combination....just not one I'm a big fan of. Maybe a soap more for licorice lovers! 




No comments:

Post a Comment