Friday, March 6, 2020

Schmidt's Lavender + Sage Bar Soap Review



More Lavender. We are only two months into the new year and I feel like I've used and reviewed more Lavender products than I've ever used in my whole life. It's a little crazy to think I used to hate the smell of Lavender. Now, I actually like it. But only certain ones. There are definitely some bad Lavender products out there still!

Schmidt's claims:
Aromatic and moisture-rich, Schmidt's soaps provide a luxurious cleansing routine.With exfoliating jojoba seed. Aromatic, cleansing, and moisturizing. Natural formula derived from plants.  True saponified soap; not detergent-based. Creates a rich, sudsy lather. Free of SLS, PEG, phthalates, artificial fragrance, and artificial dyes.Certified Vegan and Cruelty-free

Not too long before I opened this soap I ordered an Essential Oil Blend from Eden's Garden called Lavender Sage and loved the smell of that. I was kind of hoping this would be similar BUT it mostly smells like a true Lavender. I don't get Sage at all. And it's pretty light but I can detect the Lavender. It's nice if you like light scents. 

Super rich, thick lather that bubble nicely and rinses easily and cleanly.

Also I wouldn't say it's drying, my skin doesn't feel dry but I have noticed some dry patches. Oddly enough, I can mostly skip moisturizer most days. 

It does have jojoba seed oil in it for exfoliating. It's really not a scrubby soap though so I wouldn't expect it to really take off any dead skin cells. I do think this is the first soap I have used with jojoba seed though. New ingredient for me.

It is black due to the activated charcoal. I've used quite a few activated charcoal soaps and this wouldn't be my go to if I was looking for a soap with charcoal in it...but it's cool it's in there.

Ingredients:
 sodium palmate;sodium palm kernelate;water;glycerin;lavandula angustifolia;lavender;essential oil;butyrospermum parkii;shea;butter;sodium gluconate;salvia sclarea;clary sage;charcoal powder;simmondsia chinensis;jojoba;seed powder

Overall, it's a decent lavender soap. Not my absolute favorite- that goes to Biggs and Featherbelle's Mama Bar. But it would definitely be top five.

Random:
I bought a piece of a Aleppo soap at a Bazaar I went to yesterday. Supposedly it was made in Syria. I'm not really 100 percent sure on that but I'm excited to try it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment