Friday, March 27, 2020

Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque Review



Not much to do these days with being stuck in the house basically all day. So I guess on my days off I'll be writing more than a few blog posts...if I can find something to review. I've had this deep conditioner for a little while now. I wash my hair weekly...but don't condition often anymore. My hair just isn't as dry...not sure if it's because I've switched to bar shampoo and they are way more hydrating or if it's the Shea Butter I pile in my hair. Since I don't need it, I don't really use it much. But I like keeping a masque around.

Shea Moisture claims:
Protect your delicate waves and curls from the damage of constant curling, twisting, braiding and straightening with SheaMoisture deep conditioner for dry, natural hair. Enriched with Raw Shea Butter, Castor Seed Oil, Olive Oil and other natural botanicals, this all-over hair conditioner infuses moisture where it's needed most, alleviating that straw-like dryness that can lead to hair loss.
Our intensive treatment masque deeply moisturizes and conditions dry, damaged hair, when used as an after-shampoo treatment or deep conditioning treatment. Perfect for transitioning chemically treated hair to natural hair. It also gives those natural curls a healthy shine you can see and feel. Formulated with certified organic

Shea Moisture products for the most part do not work in my hair. But for some reason I keep on trying them.  I mostly went ahead and decided to try this masque out because a couple of years ago I tried the raw shea butter line of shampoo and conditioner and it ended up being one of my faves. I  always meant to try the masque but never got around to it.

It's on the pricier side of deep conditioners at around $11-15. Back in the day I remember not wanting to pay more than $5 for one. Anyway...it reminds me of the conditioner. Except this is so much thicker! Same "Frankincense and Myrrh" scent which I do like for the most part.


I like to sleep in my deep conditioners overnight. But don't always feel like doing that- I can be lazy when it comes to deep conditioning. And with this one I'm not sure I notice any difference between letting it set 10 minutes and letting it set overnight. 

It doesn't have a bunch of slip, so detangling doesn't get much easier with this in. It adds a little bit of moisture, not overly hydrating but not drying either.  Doesn't feel like it's hydrating when it goes on though, more of something you notice later on after rinsing. It's OK. I think it makes my hair stronger  -almost the effect of a protein conditioner. But I think my hair is "protein sensitive". 


What I do like about it is it encourages "shrinkage". So if I feel like my kinks and coils are being stretched out and losing their shape, this whips them back into shape.

The ingredients are OK. I think they used to be more natural? I notice more and more filler ingredients making their way into the products. Shea Butter used to be the second ingredient. Cutting on quality but not costs...interesting.

Ingredients:
Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*仫, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Glycerin (Vegetable), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract, Tocopherol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Triethyl Citrate, Caprylyl Glycol, Benzoic Acid, Fragrance (Essential Oil Blend) * Certified Organic Ingredient 仫Fair Trade Ingredient


It's aight. 


Random:
Speaking of hair, I watched Netflix's Self Made: Inspired by the Life of Madame C.J Walker. It was wonderful, if you are stuck in the house and want to watch an inspiring, informational story I highly recommend it. It had me researching the ingredients of the original and I came across an inspired product that is similar by Camille Rose. I really wanted to order it but it was sold out. Bummer! 


No comments:

Post a Comment