Wednesday, April 22, 2020

A Wild Soap Bar Blue Bonnet Review




I've been having a much less stressful week....probably because I placed a massive order from Lush. A couple of years ago, my blog was Lush heavy in terms of reviews. I'm not sure when I just forgot about them, but for some reason I ended up on the UK site and as soon as it opened back up...I placed a large order. Now I'm just waiting (impatiently) for my order to be delivered. 

In the meantime, A Wild Soap Bar Review....

A Wild Soap Bar claims:
This soothing blue bar is sprinkled with the state flower of Texas and scented with a relaxing lavandin (a type of lavender) essential oil blend. An all around favorite with both men and women! 3.5 oz. boxed bar



A Wild Soap is based on the concept of using herbs/plants that are native to Texas. This soap features Blue Bonnets. I did live in Texas for about three years as a child- I don't remember any Blue Bonnets but I would like to go back one day just to see them.  As far as I can tell they don't have any skin benefits, but they are cute though. 

As for scent, it basically is Lavender Patchouli. It smells exactly like if you mixed the essential oils together. It's a very light scent and while I can smell it from the bar when it's dry the scent is almost undetectable in the shower. It's very, very light. I do like the Lavender/Patchouli mix though.

I've had two other similar scented soaps- Cedar Ridge Lavender Patchouli Goat Milk's Soap.  And also Zum Lavender- Lemon Patchouli Soap, which has lemon in additional but same concept. 

As with all natural soap it lathers nicely...rinses clean. 

I wouldn't say it's drying...my skin is relatively soft after. But does look a little dehydrated even though it's not dry. 


The soap is nice. I really like the simple packaging- easy to recycle. A nice purple-grey decently sized bar. I cut mine in half because I think that helps it last longer. Nearly two weeks. 


The ingredients are A+. All natural, sustainable palm oil, legally harvested bluebonnets etc.

Ingredients:
saponified certified organic vegetable oils (extra virgin olive, coconut, sustainable palm, sunflower, castor), distilled water, calcium bentonite clay (Living Clay®), essential oils (lavandin, patchouli, cedarwood, palmarosa), certified gluten free oat flour, cosmetic grade pigments, certified organic lavender, legally harvested wild bluebonnets

Overall, fun to try. Probably not something I would buy again as I would prefer the Blue Agave bar over this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment