Saturday, November 18, 2023

Acqua Di Parma Oud Eau De Parfum Review

 



Quick review because I have a lot to do today but I want to knock this post out anyway. This is the last in the Acqua sampler. This is one one I was most excited for. Oud just sounds exotic, and I know the Oud oils can get very expensive. Because I tend to think that, I just assume it must be good. But...I'm not a fan of this. 

Acqua Di Parma claims:

The warm and deep notes of agarwood's rare oud essence inspire a precious and intense fragrance.

Intense, vigorous and precious, a fragrance that captures the warmth of its rare essence. An artistic combination sublimed by luminous citrus notes that brings together the richness of the Aquilaria tree's agarwood with notes of Russian coriander and Haitian amyris wood.

Woody 
Top Notes:
Bergamot, Orange

Heart Notes:
Haitian Amyris Oil, Russian Coriander, Agarwood oil (Oud)

Base Notes:

Cedarwood, Leather accord, Patchouli Oil, Sandalwood, Musk

Oud Eau de Parfum by Acqua di Parma is a Amber Woody fragrance for women and men. Oud Eau de Parfum was launched in 2019. Top notes are Orange and Calabrian bergamot; middle notes are Agarwood (Oud), Amyris and Coriander; base notes are Leather, Sandalwood, Musk, Cedar and Patchouli.

So..I kinda hate this. It smells like dust and leather. The leather kinda reminds me of the leather notes in Byredo's Bibliotheque Candle scent but it doesn't have the sweetness. I've used a few sprays of it and just generally don't like it on me so I will give the rest of the sampler to my Dad. I think this is a more masculine fragrance anyway.


I think it's just too woody and leathery for me. I need something sweet or floral in there to balance it out.

It seems to last awhile though, I would say it's highly noticeable for about 3-4 hours. And then it thankfully fades away.

It wasn't for me. But I'm glad I have gotten through the fragrance sampler set, even though most of the fragrances were just not for me. Probably a good thing because their scents tend to be on the pricier side.


No comments:

Post a Comment