Sunday, March 24, 2024

Treacle Fudge, Red Velvet Waffles, Pita Bread

 I'm in between my Sunday Workouts...so figured I would knock out two posts. 

Starting with Treacle Fudge. Which was a fail. I don't like fudge...I should have skipped the recipe but I'm determined to make most things in the Harry Potter book. It was a fail. I was more concerned with getting a show I wanted to watch started then stirring and so it seized and ended up the texture of Brown Sugar. It does have a nice flavor. So I have just been adding it to oatmeal and making "treacle fudge oatmeal" and taking it to work. Sometimes you have to get creative. 


I was in the mood for waffles...so I attempted Red Velvet Waffles. The color was so disappointing. And the red velvet flavor was way too light. I still made Vanilla Whipped Cream and topped with pecans. It wasn't bad...but it could have been better. I used this recipe here.


Last up...Pita Bread. This was very easy to make and I loved watching them puff up in the oven. I never buy Pita Bread...but I did really like this. Now I know if I need them I can just make my own. Add this to the list of different types of bread I can make. I stuffed mine with a Veggie Rice.  I froze three of them so will pull them out the freezer as I need them. 



And that's all! Not my best cooking week but it happens like that sometimes....


No comments:

Post a Comment