Thursday, March 28, 2024

Valentino Donna Born in Roma Review


 I try to alternate with buying an iconic perfume and a modern perfume....this was my modern perfume purchase. It was the top selling on Sephora and I just wanted to try it to see what all the hype was about. It's supposed to be popular on Social Media too.. and I always like trying those out to see what all the hype is about.


                                                                        Valentino claims:

Bourbon vanilla is an ode to the celebration of one's own self, a modern, cheeky attitude. A composition of a jasmine flower trio in a floral fragrance with amber hints, emphasized by a strong woody notes.


BORN IN ROMA.
NO RULE IS MY RULE.

Inspired by Rome, a city in which past and present harmonize side by side, the scents of BORN IN ROMA tell a story of self-expression: a cheers to the people who live freely and at the same time accept their heritage.

A NOBLE FLORAL FRAGRANCE WITH AMBER SOUNDS,
UNDERLINED BY A STRONG WOODY NOTE

BORN IN ROMA FOR HER is a modern, noble and floral fragrance with amber hints. Noble elegance of three jasmine flowers, which gives a luxurious femininity when combined with bourbon vanilla, the most expensive extract in the world. This mixture is underlined by a radiant trio of modern wood notes that provide an angular touch - inspired by the street culture of Rome.

Valentino Donna Born In Roma by Valentino is an Amber Floral fragrance for women. Valentino Donna Born In Roma was launched in 2019. Top notes are Black Currant, Pink Pepper and Bergamot; middle notes are Jasmine, Jasmine Sambac and Jasmine Tea; base notes are Bourbon Vanilla, Cashmeran and Guaiac Wood.

LOVE the ads, the model is gorgeous 😍

This is my first Valentino purchase....I had a sampler of their perfume before. We shall start with the bottle..... Which is very unique. It is spiked glass with a black spiked lid. The edgiest bottle in my collection to date. I really like it, I am a sucker for a unique glass bottle. 

I did go with the smaller bottle because I bought it blind. Wasn't sure about a larger bottle in case I didn't like it. Also in general I do prefer the smaller bottles- they get used up quicker and then I can try something else.

If I just spritz it in a way that I am sitting down and actively trying to smell it, it's very nice and pleasant. It has nice fruity and sweet floral notes. A sour fruit note though, although I don't see any of those listed. I don't really get the woody notes but those often go above my head. It's likable but forgettable and smells like every modern big house perfume blended together that came out in the last five years. 

Notes are Jasmine, Bergamot, Wood Overdose, and Vanilla. Nothing terribly unique here. You can find these same notes in many other perfumes. 

I don't think the lasting power is that great. I would only give it a few hours. Not sure if I just go nose blind to it or it is just a fleeting fragrance. 

I have been to Rome twice and can't say the fragrance reminds me of the city at all.

Jasmine is one of my favorite perfume notes. I can smell it but it smells different than how it usually smells -I guess because of the other notes in this fragrance. I have no idea what the pink pepper note is supposed to smell like.  Bergamot is in pretty much everything..I love it! But can't say I can pick that note from anything else in the fragrance.  There are more Jasmine middle notes- so much Jasmine.  Then there are some vanilla any woody notes as the base.

It's not really a complex scent or one that becomes an experience as it morphs with hours of wear etc.

It's a nice, easy everyday kind of fragrance that is very forgettable but easy to wear. I will finish the bottle but it wouldn't be a repurchase for me. Not when there are so many other more unique fragrances for me to try out.

No comments:

Post a Comment