Friday, May 3, 2024

Ayumi Sandalwood & Ylang Ylang Face Wash Review

 TGIF. It feels like it's been an extra long week. But at least it's finally getting warm. I'm a lot happier when I get my sunshine . I feel like my moods coincide with the weather. Anyway...face wash. I have been using mostly black soap lately. My skincare routine has been mega simple as always. I usually just use black soap- every now and again a hydrosol. And some Shea Butter. Oh...and a scrub. I found this and decided to go ahead and finish it up. It was something that was left from my parents and I just recently found it in my backroom. 

It looks a bit grubby and I'm sure it's "expired" but still seems fine so I'll keep using it til it's gone....

Ayumi claims:

Ayumi Sandalwood & Ylang Ylang Face Wash – your perfect facial cleanser for dry and sensitive skin. It’s made with natural ingredients that nourish and hydrate your skin while gently cleansing. These natural oils and extracts reduce dryness and leave your skin soft and supple.

Our Sandalwood face wash is dermatologically tested and designed to soothe and protect your delicate skin. It’s the ideal face wash and facial cleanser for dry, sensitive skin, as it won’t strip away your skin’s natural oils and will leave you refreshed and hydrated.

  1. Moisturization: Babassu and Jojoba oils are known for their excellent moisturizing properties. They can help hydrate the skin and prevent dryness, making it ideal for those with dry skin.
  2. Dermatologically Tested Sandalwood Face Wash: The fact that the product is dermatologically tested means it has been assessed for its safety and effectiveness by dermatologists, which can provide peace of mind for those with sensitive skin.
  3. Calming and Soothing: Sandalwood oil has natural soothing properties that help manage irritated skin and reduce redness.
  4. Sandalwood Face Wash For Moisturizing Dry Sensitive Skin: Babassu oil is a lightweight moisturizer that hydrates the skin without clogging pores, making it suitable for dry and oily skin types.Anti-Inflammatory: It contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties to help soothe irritated skin and reduce redness.
  5. Sandalwood Face Wash For Balancing: Jojoba oil closely resembles the natural sebum produced by the skin. It helps regulate oil production, making it practical for oily and dry skin types. Non-Comedogenic: Jojoba oil is non-comedogenic, meaning it won’t clog pores, making it suitable for acne-prone skin. Moisturizing: It provides long-lasting moisture without making the skin feel greasy.

I've used a few ayurvedic type soaps over the years and I have liked all of the ones I tried. I think I have mostly used the bar soaps. 

We'll start with the scent- which is OK. I don't know how to describe it because it's pretty nondescript. I can't say it smells like Patchouli, Sandalwood, Jasmine or Ylang Ylang. But they are all supposed to be in it. It's Ok. It smells familiar  smelled but can't quite remember what it smells of. 

As for texture, it's more of a creamy texture. It doesn't get a bubbly lather, more of a creamy lather. It works well to dissolve makeup though even though the type of texture it is never seems like it would do well at makeup removal.

I don't find it too drying, which is nice. The tight dry skin feeling on the face is never fun and luckily this doesn't do that. 

I do feel overall my skin has been looking "healthier". It could be the sun though. I always feel like my skin looks much better in the summer so that could be it. Or maybe not. My skin just looked overall smoother and happier. 

Ingredients aren't my favorite. I think overall I prefer the bar soaps I've tried because the ingredients are more natural. There are some ingredients I would rather avoid altogether- especially in skincare. Mostly it's the copolymer type ingredients. The first couple of ingredients are ordinary and later on down the list you get the good essential oils. 

Ingredients:

Aqua (Water), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Lauryl Glucoside, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Chloride, Acrylates Copolymer, Isostearamide MIPA, Coco-Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Laurate, Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) Leaf Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Oil, Glycerin *, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Orbignya Oleifera (Babussa) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Santalum Spicatum (Sandalwood) Wood Oil, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Flower Extract, Piper Nigrum (Black Pepper) Seed Extract, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum (Cinnamon) Bark Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Linalool **, Benzyl Benzoate **, Benzyl Salicylate **.

Overall, it's not bad. I wouldn't repurchase it though because I do prefer the Ayurvedic bar soaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment