Thursday, September 19, 2024

L'occitane Shea Lavender Soap Review


 I've got one more post in me before I get into relax mode. I have to get up kinda early tomorrow and I think it's going to be a long day because I have a lot of running around to do. I should probably start my day with some lavender. 

L'occitane claims:

The must-have traditional soap enriched with shea butter and perfumed with lavender.

Cleanse with the soothing scent of lavender in this gentle solid soap.

Lavender Essential Oil

Known for its purifying properties, it helps to soothe the skin and relax.

Made in France

I've been trying more and more L'occitane which makes me happy because it's a brand I always wanted to try more of. It's made in France with nice ingredients- like French lavender and Fair Trade Shea Butter. I've tried some of their other scents like the Shea Milk and Verbena scents and I can say my favorites is the milk variety that reminds me of a Sandalwood type scent.


The Lavender is nice- it's very Lavender in a medicinal way. It smells like actual Lavender essential Oil. Pure and real. I like it...but I don't love it. I tend to prefer a sweeter scent so...adding some vanilla makes it amazing for me and this isn't that. If you love pure Lavender- this would be for you.

The scent isn't too strong. It won't linger around the bathroom or even scent up the room so I think it would be perfect for those that don't like scents that are too strong. 

Other than that, I love the lather of L'occitane soaps. They bubble up nicely and don't dry my skin. They also rinse very cleanly. 

Palm oil has gotten a bad rep lately- L'occitane does not use Palm Oil in their soaps, so if you prefer to avoid Palm Oil, this could be a good choice. I do like the ingredients- bar soaps tend to use better ingredients that liquid soaps.

Ingredients:

ELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL - COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL - STEARIC ACID - PALMITIC ACID - SODIUM HYDROXIDE - AQUA/WATER - BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER - PARFUM/FRAgANCE - LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) OIL - SODIUM CHLORIDE - CITRIC ACID - TETRASODIUM GLUTAMATE DIACETATE - LINALOOL - LIMONENE

It's a nice soap- especially if you like a pure Lavender scent, I would recommend it. If I were to repurchase a L'occitane soap I would probably go for the Shea Milk soap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment