Monday, October 5, 2026

Lanvin Eclat D' Arpege Eau De Parfum Review


I had a most goofy day yesterday. I did a load of laundry only to discover when the load was done that I had forgotten to add detergent. So I had to rewash it. Then I made orange chicken (my favorite) and forgot I had already added chili paste to it, so I also added red pepper flakes and made extra spicy orange chicken. It was good..just kinda shocking how hot it was. Luckily that was mostly the end. I think I just need to catch up on sleep. Anyway...today I have a perfume review. I bought this one while I was in the states and brought it back with me. I always try to bring one back with me- not that I couldn't have ordered it here. 


Lanvin claims: 

Eclat d’Arpège by Lanvin is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. Eclat d’Arpège was launched in 2002. The nose behind this fragrance is Karine Dubreuil-Sereni. The fragrance features Green Lilac, Tea Leaf, Peony, Peach Blossom, Musk, Wisteria, Petitgrain, Chinese Osmanthus, Cedar and Amber.


Eclat d’Arpège is classified as fruity-floral. Lanvin revives the musical theme of his legendary Arpege perfume. The composition is delicate, fragile and angelic. Eclat d’Arpège’s first accords are green lilac and Sicilian lemon leaves which transports us to the first day of spring. Summer’s near , flowers are in full bloom, the scent is more intense, it’s a wisteria blossom that blooms at perfume’s heart, accentuated by lush peach blossom and sensual red peony. Airy green tea leaves are refreshing. The base’s white cedar of Lebanon, gentle musk and precious amber are like an enveloping caress. The nose behind Eclat d’Arpège is Karine Dubreuill who created this perfume in 2002.


I don't know too much about the brand- except that it's been around for quite awhile- 1889. 

I paid a lot more for it than I should have- I just noticed that on the website I usually buy from they have the bottle for just shy of 50 euro while I paid upwards of 100. It pays to shop around which I wish now I would have done. Because I think the 50 price range is about all it's really worth. 

This has been around a bit longer than I expected. Came out in 2002. For some reason I thought it was newer. According the notes- it's a floral. Kinda reminds me of Marc Jacobs Daisy. It's a floral but it doesn't immediately scream floral when I got to put it on. Maybe because it's a very fresh floral. Not a category I feel I come across a lot. 

When I first got it, I really liked it. But as I kept wearing it, it really kinda fades into the background and just becomes...there. I think it's very inoffensive though and very easy to wear everyday.. Ifyou like a light fresh floral scent maybe this could be worth a try. Just don't pay as much as I did. 

It has a lot of notes to it that I am sure I have never come across before....like Green Lilac, and Wisteria. Other notes I am sure I have seen before. 

I'm not sure if it has lasting  power or if I just go nose blind to it. But usually around the 3-4 hour mark I don't really smell it anymore but it's very much a "skin" scent and doesn't really project.  It can be a little generic and forgettable but also the safe choice for everyday. It's not headache including whatsoever. 

The most unique about it is the packaging. I was surprised when I saw it...almost everything I have bought so far comes in a box. And while I like the packaging, it's very unique...it's probably a waste of plastic so I would still prefer a box that I can chuck in the recycle. I will probably keep this along with the bottle because I don't want to throw it out quite yet. 

Overall, I do still want to get my hands on the original Arpege. That's the one I was supposed to try---I do still plan on trying it eventually but I wouldn't buy this again. It's just not really the kind of perfume I go for.

No comments:

Post a Comment