Sunday, October 4, 2026

Spicy Sausage and Broccoli Pasta and Chicken and Ham Pie

This past week was a week of cooking food, food. Which I always appreciate because then I don't struggle trying to think of things to make. 

Starting with pasta. I love making a big pasta dish because it makes so much and the leftovers mean I can skip cooking a few extra days. I didn't follow the instructions exactly. But this dish was just..OK. Fine for a weekday dinner but not something I would make again. It didn't even begin to touch the Alfredo I made a couple of a weeks ago. But that also took a lot more work since I made the pasta myself. This was fine though...


Next up...Chicken and Ham Pie. Except...no ham. Just chicken.  And I really just did my own thing when I made this. Basically I made a chicken pot pie...with leftover puff pastry I made a couple of weeks ago. Maybe not the best looking pot pie I have ever made- but it was really good. I always try to make at least one every fall and winter. I got this recipe from the  Unofficial Harry Potter cookbook. And now I am finally moving on to the next section- which is desserts. It has a few candy recipes- which seem like they would be fun- but I don't love to make candy and I don't really have any candy gloves that would prevent me from burning my hands. So I'll probably skip those. 


And...I have finally started making matcha. It's something I wanted to do for years. My first matcha was from Starbucks and I thought it was absolutely disgusting. A few years ago I bought a set with the bowl, a whisk, and the scoop. But I didn't buy the actual matcha. I ended up buying Hojicha first- which I think I like more than matcha. But I've been having fun discovering exactly how I like my matcha made and actually drinking it. Yay me. I think I'll take a break and go back to traditional tea but I'll definitely try to rotate in and explore different matcha.


No comments:

Post a Comment