Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Kids Organics Shea Butter Detangling Moisturizing Hair Lotion


That's a mouthful....So after using a gel I was looking for something a little more moisturizing and with something that would help my hair. Shea Butter seemed like a good choice and who can resist a kids product....

The smell is something I can take or leave...I don't like nor do i dislike it. The consistency is really light, almost a little watery but not really. One of the first things I noticed was that as soon as this stuff touched my hair, my scalp would begin to itch. Unfortunately that didn't stop me from using the entire bottle.
As for it's moisturizing properties it leaves alot to be desired. It's alright if all u want is temporary moisture.

It would work and then a few minutes later I would run my hair through my hands and my hair was kinda dry. But I will say this stuff has amazing detangling properties. If I had a daughter I would consider buying this. Another thing I like was it's ability to define and hold curls. Seriously this stuff holds and defines like a gel.

On to the ingredients which I think are ridiculously misleading. With a title like ORGANICS you might think everything in here was organic and natural etcetera. Not true. There are parabens, perservatives, and other such stuff and unfortuantely they are in the beginning of the ingredient list. That being said, there are also some really good ingredients in there like Soybean Oil, Shea Butter, vegetable oil, olive oil, cocoa butter, carrot oil, soybean protein, mink oil, jojoba oil, tea tree oil, egg powder, milk protein, honey, silk amino acid, corn oil, coconut oil, safflower oil, rosemary, nettle, and horsetail extract. Not half bad and certainly one of the better drug store products.

No comments:

Post a Comment