Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Herbal Essenses Hydralicious Featherweight Shampoo and Conditioner

Let me start by saying that Clairol is a marketing genius. I bought these solely because of the packaging. Who can resist orange swirls in yellow shampoo. The packaging is cute.

Although at times it's hard to open in the shower. And I swear the packaging is getting smaller and the price isn't. Anyway on to the more important things. The smell gets an A. I'm not sure how realistic it is since it's supposed to smell like passion fruit and white lily nectar. It sounds nice though. The writing on the back is great. From the way they described it I wanted to LOVE this.

I really did. It lathered great and seemed to rinse out well. But it dried feeling really coated and crazy dry. The first couple of times I used it I was really impressed though. And the shampoo is really pretty, although the conditioner doesn't match up. Oh well, better luck next time. At least it looks pretty in the shower.

The ingredients are about the same as the other herbal essence products. Horrible ingredients with a few good extracts. This one has odarata extract, passion fruit extract, and ummm..that's it. Some of the ingredients are cones, but I'm glad it doesn't have DMDM Hydantoin.

Anyways, I would not buy this again because of the way it left my hair feeling but I would be open to trying the other two.


Shampoo Ingredients: Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Acrylates Copolymer, Laureth 4, Dimethicone, Nymphaea Odorata Root Extract, Passiflora Incarnata Fruit Extract, Cocamide MEA, Fragrance/Parfum, Glycol Distearate, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Disodium EDTA, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Polyquaternium 10, Sodium Xylene Sulfonate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Yellow 10, Red 30

Conditioner Ingredients:Water/Eau, Stearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetyl Alcohol, Behenamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Dimethicone, Nymphaea Odorata Root Extract, Passiflora Incarnata Fruit Extract, Glutamic Acid, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol, EDTA, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone, Yellow 5

No comments:

Post a Comment