Saturday, May 30, 2009

Nubian Heritage Peppermint Soap with Crushed Almonds and Baking Soda

My second Nubian Heritage Soap. YAY! So I wasn't as impressed with this one as I was with the other. First off the scent wasn't strong enough. It smells like real peppermint but the scent just isn't as strong as I was hoping. And it definately doesn't linger.

It's Claims:
For centuries, people of Africa used Aloe Vera for its protective, healing and moisturizing, skin-firming and anti-inflammatory effects on skin. Today, Nubian Heritage has carefully blended Aloe and Shea Butter with essential oils of Peppermint for its cooling, astringent and purification benefits on the skin. Peppermint contains a high content of menthol which is known to relieve muscle cramps and other aches and pains. Peppermint is also noted for its stimulating, aromatic effects on the mind. Crushed Almonds are added for their increased antioxidant and exfoliating properties. This all-natural soap with its rich lather, invigorating aroma and gentle exfoliation is effective on a variety of delicate skin conditions. Repairs skin damage and moisturizes while reviving the soul with peppermint.

But I was impressed with it's cleaning and deodorizing properties which I credit the baking soda with. It get's every last bit of residue off the skin. Unfortunately because of the baking soda I wouldn't recommend using it on the face. When I did I had little bumps show up on my face. Nothing major but just something worth noting.


The crushed almonds are a really gentle exfoliant but if you don't want to use it you can just lather it on a washcloth or something similar. To use as an exfolient use it directly on the skin. Again like the other bar, the lather is pretty impressive.


The ingredients are 100% natural and good for the skin. And the packaging is better for the environment as opposed to a plastic bottle.

Ingredients:

African Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Aloe, Wheat Bran, Crushed Almonds, Essential Oil Blend, Soaps of Coconut and Palm, Iron Oxides, Vitamin E, Almond Oil, Peppermint Oil, Baking Soda


The company is %100 black owned but the soap bar was just Ok. It didn't last that long at a little under three weeks. I'm not sure about repurchasing as I like the other one better.

No comments:

Post a Comment