Friday, July 17, 2009

Carol's Daughter Hair Balm

I know, your asking yourself why I'm reviewing another Carols Daughter Hair Product when I clearly didn't like the first two so much. Unfortunately I bought four products at the same time and I don't believe in wasting so I figured I minus well try them all and write a review.

This is part of Jada's Dynamic Duo. But I've never really seen Jada's real hair in a wash and go so I didn't have much hope in it.

It's Claims :

Experience frizz-free hair with one of Jada Pinkett-Smith’s favorites! Hair Balm’s nutrient –rich Soy Oil and Sweet Almond Oil combination produce perfect shine, moisture and manageability without build-up. The rich blend of protein, and nourishing B vitamins and minerals are specially formulated to prevent breakage and promote healthy hair growth.


The first thing I noticed about this product was the STENCH. It smells highly perfumed and is just plain nauseating. It seems like if they tweaked it a little it might smell good. But it smells like heavily scented Vaseline. Just plain nasty. The next thing I noticed is the texture is like liquid Vaseline. It's pretty greasy. I also noticed it acts like Vaseline. It seals DRYNESS into my hair and makes my poor ends so brittle it knots onto itself and falls out in little balls. So it doesn't contain Vaseline or mineral oil but Lisa Price certainly seemed to formulate it to act like it. And as if that weren't enough the liquid grease had the nerve to be gritty. Must be bad quality control at the Carols Daughter Plant.

The ingredients are all natural. But like all her other products I tried it has cheap corn oil and soy oil as the main ingredients. It also contains Beeswax pretty high up there too.

Ingredients:
Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Fragrance, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Annatto Seed.

So in the least I HATE Carols Daughter Hair Balm. I'm so mad I spent twelve bucks for the junk. And why do I have the bad luck of having one more to try....?



I found this picture on the Carol's Daughter website. It's used to advertise the Dynamic Duo. I doubt that's hair is real though.Maybe it works better on fake hair.

2 comments:

  1. lol@maybe it works better on fake hair

    Advertising law says they should not mislead so it should be clear if extensions were used to style the hair. I do think it is mostly her hair, or maybe I'd just like to believe that lol

    That said the product is packed full of fats. Some hair will like it, some won't. Since you still have the product try using it at night. Mist your hair first then use the oil and sleep on it. Sometimes I have found oils are really not effective on their own- like vaseline as you said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree...but these companies are sneaky and do alot to get around advertising laws...

    my hair hated it...i used it on wet dry and damp and hair...morning, midday, and night, all i got was tangles and dryness.....but i finished it lol..most of the time I don't write a review till the containers empty...

    Thanks for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete