Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Shampoo and Conditioner


I was so happy to get my hands on the much raved all over the hair boards infamous Trader Joe Nourish Spa. And it was only $2.49. I thought I would have to order it since there never seems to be a Trader Joe's located around me.

It's Claims:

Shampoo-When your hair is dry it needs to be nourished. This balalnced shampoo will clean and protect. While adding moisture and manageability, it infuses shine everday. Enhanced with organic botanicals, it does not contain laurel, laureth sulfates.

Conditioner- This balanced hair remoisturizer is ideal for replenishing dry brittle hair. Perfect for daily use, it infuses moisture and exceptional shine without weighing hair down.

The container's are both a generous 16.9 ounces. The shampoo is kinda a clear almost gel like liquid while the conditioner is a really thick cream. Both smell light and fresh. Kinda like a spa. It doesn't linger and barely smells when using it.

I really can't get down with the shampoo. It's not drying but it's not that moisturizing. And it leaves my hair horribly tangled. It doesn't lather much but if you dilute it it works a little better.

The conditioner didn't do wonders like I was expecting either. The moisture was very lacking and my hair was still tangling on itself. And after my hair wasn't curling like it usually does when I get out the shower. The curls were small and barely there and there were patches that would be so tangled. It does seem like it would make for a good cowas though because it does suds up a little but I can't deal with the tangling.

It was too bad though because I really like the indredients. There were some questionable ones in the end of the list but who can really complain at 2.49 a bottle.

Shampoo
Purified water, organic rosemary oil, organic valencia orange citrus, organic mango, organic lemongrass, organic ginko biloba, organic echinacea, organic willow bark, organic sea kelp, organic chamomile flower, organic textured soy protein, organic lavender, organic grapefruit, C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Tocopherol (Vit E), Citric Acid, Methylparaben, propylparaben, sea salt, botanical fragrance

Conditioner
Purified water, organic rosemary oil, organic valencia orange citrus, organic mango, organic lemongrass, organic ginko biloba, organic echinacea, organic willow bark, organic sea kelp, organic chamomile flower, organic textured soy protein, organic lavender, organic grapefruit citrus, Tocopherol (Vit E), Acetamide MEA, Cetyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, propylparaben, botanical fragrance.

Hopefully I have better luck with the Tea Tree one.

No comments:

Post a Comment