Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sta-Sof-Fro Hair and Scalp Spray for Extra Dry Hair

Everytime I go in the ethnic hair care aisle I comtemplate getting Sta-Sof-Fro. It just looks so old school. And I know it's been on the market since the 1970's so it must be good. Right? And this summer I went on a Good Times marathon and watched every single episode and admired those glorious 'fros. In my mind this has got to be what they used.

It claims:

Comb out conditioner with lanolin, protein. Hair & Scalp Spray is an exclusive blend of softeners plus protein designed especially for dry and damaged hair. Special moisturizers soften and condition hard to manage hair and add long lasting sheen without messy build up.
This specially formulated hair spray, with proteins and conditioners, is often recommended by hairstylists for maintenance of curls, waves, naturals and braids


So took this home and sprayed it in my hair. And I can't lie. This stuff STINKS. It smells like strong cheap guy perfume. But I had to get past the smell so I could write a proper review. So I tried it on damp hair, dry and wet hair. I found that it doesn't do much on my wet or damp hair but make it crunchy.But it made my curls look gorgeous. And a little bit looser than normal. I found this stuff to really shine on dry hair. My hair would dry moist and soft to the touch. Without being greasy. If only it didn't stink. It also helps ease the knots.

The ingredients aren't the greatest. I thought it would make my hair hard from the protein but it didn't.

Ingredients:

Aqua/Water; Glycerin; Propylene Glycol; Oleth-20; Dicetyldimonium Chloride; Phenoxyethanol; Parfum/Fragrance; PEG-60 Lanolin; Methylparaben; Linalool; Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein; Ethylparaben; Butylparaben; Limonene; Citronellol; Coumarin; Isobutylparaben; Propylparaben; Evernia Furfuracea/Treemoss Extract; Geraniol; Benzyl Benzoate; Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch

Overall I would recommend trying it if you can get around the smell. It was only $2.50 and is relatively easy to get your hands on. It lasts a few weeks too. I got the 8oz but it is available in the 16 oz. Who wouldv'e known a spray could work so well on my hair.



4 comments:

  1. Hello
    question. do you spray it and leave if for a while before combing through?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can..it would help it soften a little more than if you put it on and started combing immediately! Let me know how it works for you and thanks for visiting!

      Delete
    2. Thank you.

      I find that this works best for me when my hair is already twisted and needs a bit of moisture. I have very very dry hair, so when its open, I need something creamy to keep the ends moist for a longer period.

      Delete
    3. Yep :)

      My hair is like that too! But this is the perfect touch up for twists need a little bit extra moisture! And best of all it's not expensive at all!

      Delete