Friday, September 25, 2009

Africa's Best Organics Liquid Leave-In Liquid Hair Mayonnaise


This has been on my list of things to try for awhile. I had always seen the deep conditioner and was surprised to see they made a more liquid one. I'd seen some pretty good reviews but I had to wait to get back to the states because they didn't sell it overseas. As you can tell from the little sticker on it, it costs $2.99.

It's Claims:
Organics Leave-In Liquid Hair Mayonnaise is formulated to strengthen damaged, dry or overprocessed hair. This unique organic conditioning formula helps repair, rebuild and revitalize hair. Regular use restores softness and shine with greater body and movement.
Excellent for all hair types including natural, relaxed, pressed, texturized or color-treated hair


So it's not the same consistency as the conditioning treatment. It's thinner and there aren't those "herbs" floating in it. It smells pleasent enough. The smell is kind of spicy to me but very mildly so and it doesn't linger.

So I must say, I like this stuff. It wasn't a miracle but it does seem to work on my hair. It helps define my curls like nobody's business and seems to hold them in place all day. It moisturies a little bit, I mean after all it is a leave-in not a moisturizer. I would even go so far as to say my hair seems a little stronger. I don't think it gave me great shine but it didn't dull my hair either.
It reminds me a lot of the Kids Organic's Shea Butter Detangler, but I think I like this one better. It does take a minute to absorb though.

I went through the bottle very quickly. I used it everyday and it probably lasted about three weeks. The bottle comes with about six ounces of product.

The Ingredients:
Water - Aqua, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Soybean Oil - Glycine Soja, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Fragrance - Parfum, Lanolin Oil, Acrylamidopropyltrimonium Chloride/Acrylamide Copo, Stearalkonium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Corn Oil - Zea Mays, BHT, BHA, Carrot Seed Oil - Daucus Carota Sativa, Cocoa Seed Butter - Theobroma Cacao, Yellow No. 5, Red No. 40, Blue No. 1, PEG-50 Shea Butter, Olive Fruit Oil - Olea Europaea, Mink Oil - Mustela, Jojoba Seed Oil - Simmondisia Chinensis, Tocopherol, Tea Tree Leaf Oil - Melaleuca Alternifolia, Egg Powder - Ovum, Milk Protein - Lactis Proteinum, Honey - Mel, Silk Amino Acids, Cholesterol

It has some great ingredients towards the end but there are some not so great ingredients thrown in there to. So not the best, and certainly not the worst. There is yellow dye which I've come the conclusion makes my scalp itch.

Overall, not bad, and I would recommend trying it.

2 comments:

  1. I love this stuff on my hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it was a pretty good product :)
    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete