Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil Hair Treatment with Mink Oil


I had been curious about castor oil for awhile. I know this isn't real castor oil but it's the closest I'm going to be to it for awhile.

It's Claims:
Use daily to condition, moisturize and restore natural sheen to your hair and scalp. Helps prevent split ends and breakage. Excellent conditioner for natural, pressed, relaxed or color treated hair. Recommended as a conditioner for babies hair and skin. Apply daily to wet or dry scalp to keep hair healthy and well conditioned.


Even though it's called oil, it's more of a cloudy white hair grease. The texture reminds me if coconut oil in cold weather. It isn't really oily unless you use too much. The scent is pearberry. It didn't smell anything like I expected it to smell.


Sometimes this stuff works great at moisturizing my hair.. Other times it works like grease and coats my hair. I hated that it seems to dull any shine I have. Not really great for styling purposes. It is great if you like to grease your scalp. And maybe sealing.

I really like the ingredients. Especially for only $2.99.

Ingredients:
Oil Complex , Castor Oil , Mink Oil , Sweet Almond Oil , Tocopherol Acetate Vitamin E , Jojoba Oil , Paraffin Oil , Safflower Oil , Lanolin , Cocoa Butter , Propylparaben , Fragrance .

Overall,worth a try but not really for me. I found it makes an excellent eye makeup remover. Plus castor oil is good for the lashes.

2 comments:

  1. yah its briyanna yaaaa this isent caster oil use the real oil it grows and softens hair do your reserch ok :) i really like your blog btw. mine isent dedicated to hair but whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I had been curious about castor oil for awhile. I know this isn't real castor oil but it's the closest I'm going to be to it for awhile."

    Please read post in full. I'm not a "newbie" to the hair world. I do know about the "real" castor oil. But since I had easy access to this I decided to try it and give a review. I already have a list of products that "work" for my hair but I try and review things..just cause it might help someone else.

    Thanks for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete