Monday, November 30, 2009

Sunsilk Captivating Curls De-Frizz Leave In


I needed a new leave in and having had good results with the Cream-Twist Gel I figured this wouldn't be a bad choice. And the bottle is green. (I'm a sucker for bright packaging) And it was only like three dollars.

It's Claims:
Keep curls soft & well behaved with aloe-eFighting frizz Feel Like A Full-Time Job?Sunsilk™ De-Frizz Leave-in Creme works that shift for you.  Formulated with Aloe-E, it tames your most beastly frizz, even on humid days. So you'll get soft, well behaved curls. Safe for color treated hair.

Fighting frizz doesn't FEEL like a full time job. It IS.  So it's your average cream texture but it has a green tint to it. I'm gonna be honest. I don't like the scent. It smells like that carpet powder we used to sprinkle before vacuuming. It fades eventually though.

My first couple of times, I was blown away by the softness it gave my hair. The definition was average for me. But the softness. WOW. Unfortunately after the first week I never got quite the same results. It's now just average. A little moisture and a little definition.

The ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Polyquaternium 37, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polyquaternium 4, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Fragrance/Parfum, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, DMDM Hydantoin, PPG 1 Trideceth 6, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Tetrasodium EDTA, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (Aloe Vera), Sorbitol, Algae Extract, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Green 3 (CI 42053)

I could do without all those chemicals though. Oh yeah, and one of those ingredients was new to me. Sorbitol. A sweetener? How weird. But that's why they say "You get what you pay for..."

Overall, not bad. I would use again in a pinch.

Random Thought:
I miss Aaliyah, I'm tired of all the non-singing, can't dance, no stage presence wanna-be's. (AHEM, Ashanti)



No comments:

Post a Comment