Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I Love Music: Aaliyah



So I do this thing where I go through artists alphabetically and try to listen to all their songs. It takes forever and sometimes gets boring but I love music. So, of course, Aaliyah, starts with an A so she was the first person I did.

I love Aaliyah's voice. At first I had my doubts about whether she could really sing but I  heard Journey to the Past live on youtube and was  like "You Better Go Liyah". She could sing (even though most times she used a falsetto which was nice but I love her full on voice), and dance, gorgeous, and she didn't give off any type of fakeness. And she didn't have to be half-naked to sell albums. Another thing I LOVE is her hair. It's mostly real as opposed to other "scary lacefronts" some entertainer's wear.

So I put together some of my favorite songs in an IMEEM playlist. Some of them are just fun to sing and dance. (Hot Like Fire, Back and Forth) The ones with R. Kelly gets on my nerves. Kelly can't rap and his talking hurts the song. But I love it because of Aaliyah's A Capella part. The One I Gave My Heart to is what I'm really feeling. It sucks being some boy's fool. But I feel like Aaliyah didn't go as hard on that song as she COULD have. Journey To The Past is great. None of the non-singing Disney junk they come out with now. I LOOOOVED the Anastasia movie. Matter of fact, I think I still have this on VHS.



We Need A Resolution

Rock The Boat
More Than A Woman
Never No More
I Care 4 U
I Refuse
Age Ain't Nothing But A Number
Back and Forth
No one Know How To Love Me
At Your Best (You Are Love)
Are You That Somebody
The One I Gave My Heart To
One In A Million
If Your Girl Only Knew
Choosey Lover
4 Page Letter
Try Again
Hot Like Fire
Journey to the Past
Miss You


RIP Aaliyah

Stay Tune for More Artists....

No comments:

Post a Comment