Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Gucci Envy Me


Before going off to school I needed a fragrance. I was in the store with my mom and we were sampling and sniffing. I picked  this up, mostly because the bottle was too cute. And it's Gucci. I sprayed a little on and fell in L-O-V-E.  The only thing was the price. Fifty-five dollars is pretty expensive. But Good Ol' mom was like "Go ahead and get it, you work, buy what you want".

Sephora says:
Envy me was created for the woman who demands attention. This dazzling blend of sensual peony, jasmine, and pink pepper is melded with notes of sweet litchi and effervescent pomegranate and pineapple, and smoothed with soothing musk, white tea, and warm woods, is guaranteed to make her the object of desire.
Notes:
Peony, Jasmine, Pink Pepper, Litchi, Pomegranate, Pineapple, Pink Musk, Seringa, White Tea, Sandalwood, Teakwood, Sensual Musk.
Style:
Daring. Sexy. Arresting.

So I bought it. I didn't love it as much when I got home. Don't get me wrong, I still like it but it just doesn't seem the smell like it did that first time in the store. Mostly it isn't me. I still like it though. And I will be finishing the bottle.I'm not good at describing scents but it smells like roses. It fades after about four hours too.

One more thing I have to say. I'm kinda embarrased to say it but here goes. It kinda smells like the scented Playtex tampons. I don't know, maybe that's why I'm not the fondest of it. Overall, not bad.

8 comments:

  1. I have this as well. I'm going for a new bottle of smell good. I still have to pick my full size bottle from my sample pack.

    Next time you go to Sephora, make sure you ask for a sample of what scent you like. I never leave without AT LEAST one fragrance and a beauty sample. The perfumes are good for a few uses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to Sephora :(
    Lol.
    Im stuck on campus without a car. And when I do I have my car I'm stuck overseas where there's no Sephora.

    Will get there one day ( I repeat this to myself all the time) Sephora must be like heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww man that sucks! I assumed Sephora...

    OMG I am one of the many people that literally can't breathe when I'm in there. You get overwhelmed by so many choices. You want this, can't afford that, want to try this, want see that. Hair, makeup, and other beauty products for beautiful boys and girls.

    If you don't get into a stand alone Sephora, JCPenney's Sephora is also a great stop.

    I can't...well not supposed to be thinking of makeup. My next few hauls SHOULD be hair related.

    I need aloe vera juice, rosemary oil, and a few other items. It shouldn't be this hard but it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only dream lol.
    One day it shall be a reality.

    I actually haven't tried aloe vera and rosemary oil.

    I saw the gel the other day for a dollar. I wish I had picked it up, I've heard alot of good stuff about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been doing a little research on aloe vera gel and juice. What I found is that they all aren't created equally. Some of them have alcohol and other additives that may be...not so pleasant on your hair. I don't know exactly what I'm going to find but between today and tomorrow I'm getting a bottle, tube, or jar of SOMETHING.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mom used to have the aloe vera plant. I wish I could get my hands on one. I would definitely open a leaf take some aloe juice out and rub it in my hair....

    :D

    LOL

    That's always an option, I'll tell me parents to get another plant...

    ReplyDelete