Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Redken All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner


I've always drooled over Redken Products.They have been on my wishlish for quite some time. Around Christmas time I was strolling through the mall when I saw these two on sale for ten dollars. It came with a little sample of the heavy cream but I'll review that when I get my hands on the full size. The shampoo is 10.1 ounces and the conditioner is 8.5. I wish it were the other way around.

It's Claims:
Silk-Luxe Complex

Gold Camelina - Adds Luminous Shine
Avocado Oil - Provides Silky Softness
Olive Oil - Inside-Out Conditioning
Silk Amino Acid - Helps Strengthen
Advanced silkening formulas contain Redken's exclusive Interbond Conditioning System and illuminating Silk-Luxe Complex to provide dry hair with intense softness, replenishment and strength. Hair is wrapped in softness with increased manageability, movement and luminous shine.
Why It Works
Advanced silkening formulas transform the texture of dry, brittle hair
Provides intense softness, replenishment and strength
Delivers increased manageability, movement and luminous shine

So the smell is nothing to write home about. I can't pinpoint the exact scent but it's light and dissipates pretty quickly. The shampoo is a light orange color and it doesn't lather much but my hair does get pretty clean so I can't complain. This isn't the most moisturizing but it doesn't dry my hair either. I like it. So far it's one of the best shampoo's I have tried. The conditioner is nice.It's pretty thick  and concentrated but I must admit it is not the best detangling conditioner. But the reason I love these so much is no build up or silicone coated feel.And my hair ends up being incredibly soft. It's ridiculous. I get hand in hair disease with these.But although my hair is soft it isn't the most moisturizing. But that's ok. I put a separate moisturizer in anyway.

Plus my hair has been looking really shiny and healthy lately. I attribute that to this duo.

Shampoo Ingredients
Water (aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxystearyl Cetyl Ether, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Cocamide MIPA, Fragrance (Parfum), Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Butylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, Taurine, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Wheat Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Oleth 10, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Lecithin, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Hydroxypropyl Trimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Phosphoric Acid, Trehalose, Arginine HCl, Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado), Phenoxyethanol, Orange 4/Cl 15510, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Red 33 Cl 17200 (D643/3)

Conditioner Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Behenalkonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol Ceteth-3 Acetate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Dimethicone, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, PPG-5 Ceteth -10, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Taurine, Oleth 10, Disodium Cocamidoproprionate, Lecithin, Phosphoric Acid, Wheat Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Avocado/Persea Gratissima, Hydroxypropyl Trimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Trehalose, Arginine HCI, Orange No. 4 (CI 15510), Yellow No. 5 (CI 19140)


I've seen way better as far as far as ingredients, but I can't complain because it works.

I say if you see it on sale grab it.It's worth the soft hair.

Have you tried any Redken Products? Did they work for you?

2 comments:

  1. i havent tried it because the price dettered me...i guess i can start with the smaller sized bottle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree the price is pretty steep...i only bought it because it waslike 5 bucks a piece during the holidays in a gift set at one on the supercuts or mastercuts stores. Let me know if you try it and if you like it.

    ReplyDelete