Friday, July 23, 2010

The Body Shop: Blueberry Body Butter


I love Blueberries. They are delicious. So when I found out Body Shop had a Blueberry Body Butter I HAD to have it. I was willing to go on ebay and order it if I had to. But I was ableto get it at the outlet mall for ten euros. Which is expensive but cheaper than the twenty dollar list price. It's on The Body Shop Website now for ten dollars.

The Body Shop says:
End dry skin using an intensive, creamy all-over moisturizer that conditions and softens for up to 24 hours with a fruity, blueberry scent.

Best for: dry skin
How it works:
Blueberry oil is rich in protective antioxidants and essential fatty acids that help to repair skin's moisture barrier, restoring skin’s smoothness and suppleness.
Community Trade cocoa butter is an excellent moisturizer that melts at body temperature for soft, silky smooth skin.
Community Trade shea butter and Community Trade sesame oil moisturize and soften skin.

So this smells like real blueberries. Really. But it took using this to realize that I don't want to smell like real fresh blueberries. But the scent doesn't linger. It dissapears in like five minutes. And it's pretty moisturzing but I would not say twenty four hours. Usually at night I feel like I could use another application. It feels nice and sinks in pretty quickly. But SOMETIMES it makes my skin feel a little sticky. Also I really don't have to use alot of this to get moisturized skin. A little bit more than a dab will do ya.


Ingredients:
Water, Octyl Palmitate, Cyclomethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin, Phenoxyethanol, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Ceteareth-20, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Vaccinium Corymbosum (Blueberry) Seed Oil, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Tocopherol, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Sodium Hydroxide

Would I buy again..probably not. But I like the company and I like supporting the fair trade ingredients. Hopefully I will have better luck with the other ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment