Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Body Shop Nutmeg and Vanilla Shower Gel

If you remember my first Body Shop haul, this is one of the shower gels I got. I think it was two euros. Which mean under four dollars. Not a bad deal.

The Body Shop Says:
The Body Shop® difference: Sweet and indulgent, our delicious new Nutmeg and Vanilla range will inspire feelings of warmth and nostalgia. Perfect for the festive party season, this contemporary range is packed with moisturizing Community Trade ingredBest if you want to: Pamper your skin and indulge your senses with fragrant skin cleansing shower gel that gently lathers on application to leave skin feeling cleansed, soft and cared for.Best for: normal skin How it works: Nutmeg extract adds a warm, nostalgic fragrance.Community Trade organic honey moisturizes and conditions skin

Umm, so I didn't really like the scent. I've been craving a vanilla shower gel. And I thought this would be the thing for me. But it's toooo....I dunno. It's hard for me to describe the scent. It kinda smells like "Amber" if that makes sense. Like the Warm Amber stuff from Victoria's secret. It's a typical gel though. Kinda liquidy. But with a "bath lily" as Body shop calls them or a pouf it lather's decently. Even though I don't like the scent in the shower I like the way it smells on my skin afterwards. It's not noticeable. In fact I only noticed it because I put my nose right up on my skin to see if it left a scent. I will warn you though, this is for NORMAL skin. I wouldn't expect if to do any amazing moisturizing on dry skin.

Ingreidents:
Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Lauryl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Honey, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, p-Anisic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Myristica Fragrans (Nutmeg) Extract, Citric Acid, Benzophenone-2, Yellow 6, Red 4, Blue 1.

So this is just not for me. And I went back to the Body shop and they still had a ton of these. I know why now. So far, I'm not super duper impressed by the Body Shop. But I have a ton of products to try and hopefully some will change my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment