Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mizani Butter Rich Deep Nourishing Hair Dress

 I've always wanted to try Mizani. It's a brand that I ALWAYS used to see on the hair boards. Well mostly the relaxer is all I heard about. But Mizani recently launched a line that targets natural hair.

Mizani Says
MINERAL OIL AND PETROLATUM-FREE

Naturally curly hair in all its beautiful shapes and forms can lose its shine if it becomes dry, damaged or brittle. The newest solution: Butter Rich Deep Nourishing Hairdress, a weightless, whipped texture hairdress that combines Mizani’s newest aerated-texture technology with an exceptional blend of naturally emollient Shea and Cocoa Butters, humectants and protective Coconut Oil. It provides intense moisturization, extreme softening and ultra nourishment—all in a fast-absorbing formula.

Developed to meet the needs of curly, coiled or kinky hair that’s extremely dry, damaged, porous or brittle, it instantly revitalizes and intensely softens, providing smoothness, flexibility and shine, from roots to ends. Use it as often as needed, and fall in love with natural curls again.



So let me start off with the scent. On first whiff I smell vanilla. And for some reason candles. So I'm gonna say it smells EXACTLY like birthday cake. But in my hair. PURE VANILLA. All day. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the scent. The texture is LIGHT. I was expecting something heavy and more moisturizing but this stuff is seriously light. It moisturizes OK. It doesn't dry my haiir but I think my hair needs something a little heavier. I don't notice any extra shine or anything like that and it doesn't have any holding properties.

The only thing other than it not being heavy enough for my hair was the PRICE. Which is ridiculously expensive. It's retail price in $19.99. I got it for fifteen. Still extremely pricy. At least you get 8 ounces though.

The ingredients are aight. It does have Shea and Cocoa Butters and a little Coconut Oil in addition to some chemicals but Mizani never claimed it was all natural.
 
Ingredients:
Water, Caprylic Tryglyceride, Coconut Oil, Stearic Alcohol, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Parfum, Steareth 100, Polyacrylamide, Methylaparaben, C 13-14 Isoparrafin, Stearic-2, Sorbic Acid,Ethylparaben,Cocoa Butter,Shea Butter, Laureth 7,Mannan, Xanthum Gum,Metholisothiazolinone, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Red 4, Red 33, Blue 1

Sadly for me it isn't worth the 15 dollars I spent on it. Well, unless you have a date and you want your hair to smell delicious. They should market it as hair perfume. YUMMY!!! Maybe I'll try the Coconut Souffle next....

2 comments:

  1. It's funny how it says "Mineral Oil and Petrolatum-Free" on the front but it contains c13-14 isoparaffin. This is a mineral oil derived from petroleum. It also has some parabens, and alcohol. I'm glad it didn't claim to be a natural product. Some one gave this to me and it cost them $17.99 for 8 oz Wow! Hmmmm Mizani just lied about there mineral oil and petrolatum free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you pointed that out! I didn't even check on it. These companies can be pretty sneaky. It is pretty expensive, I think most of these companies try to get over on the natural hair community. I tell myself I purchased it in the name of a blog review lol

      Delete