"Rich and luscious cheesecake. The crust is made with zwieback crumbs and the filling is made with dry curd cottage cheese. You may substitute ricotta if you prefer."
- 1 (4 ounce) package zwieback toast
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 3 1/4 cups dry small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Crush zwieback into crumbs. In a medium bowl, combine zwieback crumbs, 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon and melted margarine. Mix well and press into the bottom and sides of a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl, cream cottage cheese and 1 1/4 cup sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time. Beat in the flour and salt. Mix in cream and vanilla.
- Pour batter into crust and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Cool completely before removing from pan.
Oh yeah, I didn't have the curd cottage cheese so maybe that was why. I might attempt this again towards the end of summer though!!