Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash

This was one of the facial washes that I was curious about. I worked at The Body Shop for a month and two of my co-workers said they didn't like this face wash. They said it made their skin dry and irritated. I don't know why but that made me want to try it. It has tea tree oil in it and I think I've used something with Tea Tree in it twice before. I had the Trader Joe Tea Tree shampoo and conditioner and a soap by Nubian Heritage. It cost me about ten dollars, which is pretty expensive. You should get around two to three months out of it if you use it once a day.

The Body Shop says:
Prevent blemishes and remove excess oil with a refreshing gel-bashed facial wash that won’t over-dry your skin and is gentle enough for daily use. How it works:Lemon tea tree and Community Trade tea tree oil from Kenya contain properties that help fight blemishes and prevent new ones from forming.Tamanu oil from Madagascar has a soothing effect and helps to calm irritation and redness.

So on with the review. It's a clear green gel that doesn't produce much lather. At first sniff I did NOT like the scent. It's grown on me though and it now smells like something medicinal. It's had to describe but I do like it now. IT CAN be drying so beware if you have dry skin. For me it dried the first few times then my skin got used to it. I do notice that it helps control oil. My skin doesn't get as oily as it used to. One thing that I HATED about this is that the first three weeks I used this I always had a painful pimple on my face. Granted most times they weren't visible and it was only one it was still highly annoying. Now that my skin has gotten used to it, I don't get them anymore. It cleans really well, I don't have any problems removing my makeup.

 Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Polysorbate 20, Alcohol Denat., Panthenol, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Allantoin, Citric Acid, p-Anisic Acid, Benzophenone-4, Menthol, Sodium Hydroxide, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Limonene, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, t-Butyl Alcohol, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol, Caramel, Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 1.


I honestly don't know whether to recommend it or not. It works really well NOW but for the first three weeks it was a big miss. I think I like my Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit cream better. And it's cheaper too.c

No comments:

Post a Comment