Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Body Shop Wild Cherry Body Butter

So I just did the review on the Wild Cherry shower gel. But I figured I would go ahead and do the body butter too. I rarely ever use matching scents in anything, but if you've got them you minus well try them as a pair right? This body butter retails for twenty BUCKAROOS but I got it on sale for about ten euros which is equal to about  thirteen dollars.So is it worth it?

 The Body Shop Says
Soften your skin all over with an intensive, creamy and fragrant body moisturizer with a light cherry fragrance.
Best for: normal to dry skin Cherry oil has excellent moisturization properties, is rich in vitamins A and E, and contains natural antioxidants. Community Trade shea butter, Brazil nut oil, and sesame oil work to leave skin soft, smooth and supple.


 So it smells like the shower gel. Except it's not as JUICY. For some reason I can smell the soybean oil in it. I've used enough products with soybean oil in it and it has the texture that all those other products had. I like the scent but I don't love it. And I wish it were black cherry instead of wild cherry. I don't think I've eaten any wild cherry's but this is what I would imagine it would smell like. The scent doesn't linger either. Even after using the shower gel. Big disappointment. In my opinion this isn't really thick enough to be a body butter. It's kind of like lotion in a tub.It is moisturizing though, and my skin is left soft. And although it's only seven ounces it seems to be lasting me a long time. I think I've been using it a month and still have over half left.

It does sink in really nicely though. It isn't greasy and it moisturizes perfectly for normal skin. The coloring of it is pretty cute. It's like a light pink color. 


Ingredients:
Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Avium (Sweet Cherry) Seed Oil, Fragrance, Myristamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, p-Anisic Acid, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citronellol, Citral, Caramel, Red 33.
 So my final say,I would NOT repurchase nor would I recommend. It's just so so. I do want to try some black cherry scented products...

No comments:

Post a Comment