Monday, October 18, 2010

The Body Shop Wild Cherry Shower Gel

This is my third shower gel from The Body Shop. I can't really explain it but all of the sudden I was craving something "cherry scented". It doesn't help that I ate about a million black cherry's this summer. I got this for about six dollars ALTHOUGH the original price is 13.

The Body Shop says:
Enjoy the lather of a soap-free, non-drying cleansing gel that leaves your skin clean, refreshed, softened and subtly scented.Best for: normal to dry skin How it works: Cherry oil has excellent moisturization properties, is rich in vitamins A and E, and contains natural antioxidants.Community Trade honey from Zambia is an effective moisturizer that helps to repair the skin's moisture barrier to restore moisture, smoothness and suppleness.
So I'll start off with the scent/ It smells like Japanese Cherry Blossom. Except it has a more wild note. The scent is JUICY. But it's nothing I find my self totally in love with, it's just pleasant. It cleanses well, doesn't dry my skin, lathers great, and I don't have any strange skin reactions. It's decent. Plus the scent doesn't stick around. Bummer.

 Ingredients:
Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polyglyceryl-2 Caprate, Fragrance, Honey, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Levulinic Acid, Prunus Avium (Sweet Cherry) Seed Oil, Myristamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, p-Anisic Acid, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzophenone-4, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Disodium EDTA, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Denatonium Benzoate, Red 33, Red 4.

If I repurchased, would I repurchase? Probably not, and definitely not a thirteen dollars. It was just ok.  Have you tried it? Are you a fan of The Body Shop?

No comments:

Post a Comment