Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Body Shop Passion Fruit Body Butter

I have never tasted a passion fruit in my life. It's on my list of things to do. I have however tasted a passion fruit mango juice. It's a german drink by Fructiv and its DIVINE. This sort of reminds of that drink. Without the Mango. I payed about ten euro for this which is about twelve or thirteen dollars.

The Body Shop says:
For Normal to Dry Skin.  An intensive creamy all-over body moisturiser. It absorbs into the skin easily, helping to condition, soften and smooth the skin and prevent dryness, leaving your skin moisturised for up to twenty four hours.Passion fruit seed oil - Helps to moisturise the skin.Melon seed oil - Helps to condition the skin. Provides women in marginalised, rural communities with the rare opportunity of regular work and income.Shea butter - Moisturises and helps soften the skin. Provides a rural community of women with regular work and income.



Now the scent is wonderful when I put it on. It's incredibly juicy smelling. But then after all the pizzazz it had when I was applying it is gone and it just smells...OK. I was definitely expecting more in terms of scent. Unlike the picture it is a super thick lilac colored cream that absorbs really quickly and leaves my skin with a healthy sheen. It moisturized really well. Except my elbows.  For some reason they have been having some dry issues.

Ingredients.
Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Citrullus vulgaris (Citrullus Vulgaris (Watermelon) Seed Oil) (Skin Conditioning Agent), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Passiflora edulis (Passion Fruit Seed Oil) (Skin-conditioning Agent), Passiflora incarnata (Passion Fruit Seed Oil) (Skin-conditioning Agent), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Theobroma cacao (Cocoa Butter) (Emollient), Parfum (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), CI 17200 (Colour), CI 42090 (Colour).


It's got some good things along with the bad, but I love that Shea Butter is the second ingredient. And of course I love that it is fair trade. Overall, its just OK. I'm not in love with it but I'll use it up. 

2 comments:

  1. Body shop is one of my favourite shops for cosmetics etc. I cannot walk past without nipping in. One of my favourite products is this passionfruit body butter. My mum brought it for me as a gift and I cannot stop using it. I also love the coconut one but this one smells so fruity and delicous on my skin. The lasting fragrance of these body butters is fantastic. I can use it after a shower in the morning and still be smelling it on my skin in the evening. My mum has the mango flavoured one and I have used a little and this is just as gorgeous. It is so easy to apply and is not sticky, it just melts into your skin.
    After using this product my skin feels so smooth and soft and smells just delicous. The only downside is the price as it is quite expensive compared to other moisturisers available although I think this one is worth paying the extra!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always manage to get mine really cheap!! I wish that it lingered like that on my skin like it does yours. Thanks for visiting and thanks for commenting!! I've been wanting to try the mango and the coconut. Have you tried any of the others?

    ReplyDelete