Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Body Shop Shea Lip Butter

If you remember my haul from a few weeks ago, you will recall I got three lip butters from The Body Shop. They are normally eight dollars a piece but with the deal I got this for four. I was so excited about this because it has She Butter in it and I'm a huge fan of Shea butter!!

The Body Shop says:
Give your lips some TLC with a rich, moisturizing cream that melts into your skin to condition and soften with a fresh, mild scent.Community Trade shea butter has antioxidant vitamins A and E to help protect and nourish skin.Community Trade organic beeswax conditions lips and acts as a barrier that seals in moisture.Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps to soften, condition and protect lips.


So this reminds me of Vanilla Frosting. It has the same texture and it smells like Vanilla Frosting too. It also has a light sweet taste. It smells delicious when you put it on and it lingers for a little bit too. But the one thing that I absolutely hate about this stuff? It gives my lips a whitish/ greyish cast. NOT CUTE!! What was the Body shop thinking? Plus it's just not that moisturizing. It constantly needs reapplication. I was soooo disappointed. This has been demoted to a night time lip treatment or for use under a lipstick or something to hide that color.

Ingredients:
Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) Oil, Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer, Beeswax, Lanolin, PEG-8 Beeswax, Flavor, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Tocopherol, Limonene, Citral, Linalool, Geraniol, Titanium Dioxide, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7 Lake.


My verdict: $8 FAIL. Body Shop needs to go back to the drawing board with this one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment