Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Body Shop Strawberry Shower Gel

This is another gel I got for the grand total of four euros. Which translates to about five or six dollars give or take a few. Which is a bargain considering it usually retails for thirteen buckaroos. Expensive. I have an unnatural obsession with strawberries. I LOVE them. And whenever I have to pick a flavor whether it be ice cream, yogurt, or smoothies, I usually pick strawberry or strawberry banana. YUM. Well on with the review!!

The Body Shop says:
Feel fresh and clean thanks to a refreshing cleansing gel that softens and moisturizes your skin with a sumptuous strawberry scent. How it works:Strawberry juice is rich in vitamin C and antioxidants to protect and nourish skin, as well as pore-cleansing salicylic acid; provides natural strawberry fragrance and red color.Community Trade organic soy oil is rich in essential fatty acids to repair skin’s moisture barrier, so skin is smooth and supple.Glycerin is an effective moisturizer which helps improve softness and maximize hydration. Natural strawberry extract conditions the skin.Organic soya oil has moisturizing and healing properties that make it ideal for intensive skin care treatments. It's also a source of income for organic farmers in Brazil. 

So I'll start off with the scent. If your looking for an authentic strawberry scent then you might want to keep looking. This smells like strawberry jello. Which I REALLY like. I can't say love. But it does make me happy for some reason and it makes me crave strawberry jello. It even kinda looks like jello, just a more liquid-y kind.  The lather is good with a pouf. When using a wash clothe you may be disappointed. It isn't the most moisturizing but at the same time it's not drying. I only with the scent would linger. None of Body Shop's gels linger!!!

Ingedients:
Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Coco-Glucoside, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Fragaria vesca (Strawberry) Juice, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Propylene Glycol, Benzophenone-4, Disodium EDTA, Limonene, Cinnamal, Linalool, Citral, Red 33, Red 4.

Overall, I'm going to enjoy using the rest of the bottle. It's not a must have but it is one of my more favored gels out of all the ones I have tried.

Thanks for reading!! Enjoy the rest of your week!!


No comments:

Post a Comment