Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Carols Daughter Black Vanilla Leave in Conditioner

I bought this during Spring Break last year but left it in at my grandparents house.. I was unable to get it until now and thought it was lost forever. But then I found it again.  I got this for free with the Macy's Reward Program. It retails for twelve dollars. Can you say EXPENSIVE?
Carol's Daughter claims:
Gentle, Detangler. Ideal for Dry, Damaged Hair. We love this because it: Restores natural moisture Detangles and detoxifies damaged tresses Naturally replenishes lost shine with conditioning Nettles Restores essential moisture and manageability Has Lavender, Honeysuckle and Sage Can be used every day PLUS, it has NO Parabens, Petroleum, Mineral Oil or artificial color.



I'll start off with the scent. When I first started using it, it made my hair smell like Dr. Pepper. And it made me want to drink Dr. Pepper. Now it smells more vanilla-y. But a more masculine vanilla if thats possible. And it does absolutely nothing for my hair except make it feel "squeaky" clean. I know it sound weird but you know how some shampoos strip your hair to the point it squeeks? That's the way my hair feels. It just doesn't do anything for me. I can't justify the twelve dollar price tag for scented water.

Ingredients:

Water (Aqua), Polysorbate 80, Glycerin, Panthenol (Pro-vitamin B5), Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium PCA, Butylene Glycol, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower/Leaf Stem, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, Caramel, Fragrance (Parfum)


It's not even all natural. For me, this product is a big NO NO!!! Although some people will buy just for the scent it costs too much for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment