Thursday, December 2, 2010

To Sulfate or not to Sulfate

That is the question. Many naturals decide NOT to use sulfates as they are very drying and most of the time end up drying out the outer cuticle of the hair. There are many different types of sulfates, some harsher than others. For example Ammonium Sulfate is less harsh than Sodium Laureth Sulfate. Personally, I don't avoid any ingredient. I do acknowledge that it is harmful, but for the sake of testing different products I don't avoid certain ingredients.

I have found a shampoo containing sulfates to work very well on my hair and not dry it out and at the same time I have found completely natural shampoos that do not contain any sulfates to be drying. It just depends. Do you avoid any product containing sulfates?

No comments:

Post a Comment